Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia to Bears?

In Philadelphia Daily News today....

Fans were also curious to know some of the teams he would consider if he left the Eagles. Reports have surfaced that Denver, Minnesota and possibly Chicago could be in the hunt to lure the three-time Pro Bowler, who threw for 1,309 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Garcia, who turns 37 on Feb. 24, said he still feels physically and mentally like he is in his 20s but understands he has 4 to 5 more years left. He told fans his ultimate goal is to have a chance to compete for a Super Bowl, which raised the question of him possibly signing with the Bears. Chicago is coming off a Super Bowl loss in which quarterback Rex Grossman struggled.

"That's a team that is really put together well defensively and offensively,'' Garcia said. "That is a situation where you have to be honest with yourself and take a look at it. I'm not going to lie. That would be a situation that would make me think about certain things. Whether that happens or not, we'll have to see.''
    I hope he stays with the Eagles, however if someone wants to start him, he should leave.. Out of the 3 teams mentioned, Chicago makes the least sense because the other 2 run the West Coast offense

Not interested
    Chicago has to look to the future, not the past.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If Chicago was willing to dump Grossman, Garcia may work, but Garcia really thrives in a West Coast system, so I'm not sure how good it'd be.

Denver runs a modified West Coast, but Cutler is the starter. Minnesota is the best of the three because they need a starting QB and run a West Coast system (Childress comes from Philly).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I still think Garcia's arm strength is suspect. He was find for the a majority of the short passes.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Does Minny really run a west coast offense? Childress is from Philly, but never handled the play-calling. I haven't seen many Minny games this year, but their offense seems well-balanced.

Chicago and Denver wouldn't really be good fits, because Garcia would never be a starter there. These are both franchises that will build the team around Grossman and Cutler, and not Garcia.

Comment

OK, how about this: We'll send McNabb back to his hometown by the lake in exchange for Urlacher. Then we'll keep Garcia and start him for the next 2-3 years, and find a QB to develop in this years draft
            Last edited by Brundlefly; February 7, 2007, 13:03.

Comment

5 bucks says da Bears go for Garcia, let Greise go, and start next season with Grossman at #1.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                5 bucks says da Bears go for Garcia, let Greise go, and start next season with Grossman at #1.
                Next season, or training camp?

From Peter King's MMQBTE
                2. Sign Jeff Garcia in free-agency. Promise him the starting job, with an asterisk -- that the leash won't be long.

His #1 option was trade a 2nd-day draft pick for David Carr.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I'm a big proponent of signing Carr in Chicago.

Garcia, no.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Agreed. Please no.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No one has seen what Carr can do, really. We know he can pick himself up off the ground. That's something.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No one likes McNabb for Urlacher?

Comment

Philly fans who want to trade McNabb are dumbasses. He's the fifth best quarterback in the game.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                            Philly fans who want to trade McNabb are dumbasses.
                            100% agreed.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                              Philly fans are dumbasses.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                              X