And the bad news for Hockey in the US continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    Were you dropped on your head as a child?
    FACT: That is not a percentage.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Sigh... it seems that some people just want to insult people instead of actually debating facts...

An all Canadian NHL wasn't viable. When the NHL was only Canadian teams, it was having serious financial problems, and thats why they expanded into the US markets. And that's a fact!

Granted, more fall out occured amoung the league thanks to the depression... but feel free to argue how the NHL could have survived without adding US teams and the money they could bring into the league... The simple fact is, the league wasn't surviving as an all Canadian league.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• READ, RESPOND, OR BE RESTRICTED!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ming
        Sigh... it seems that some people
        Discuss the argument, NOT THE POSTERS!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You are one of the people throwing around insults... how about trying to argue that the NHL could have survived with out bringing in the US teams. Hell, the majority of the Canadian teams that were part of the original NHL had to drop out. The NHL wouldn't exist today without the money brought in by the US markets
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING ROAR ROAR ROAR

Originally posted by Ming
            You are one of the people throwing around insults...
            Discuss the argument, NOT THE POSTERS!

Comment

• The simple fact is, the league wasn't surviving as an all Canadian league.

The simple fact is, that throughout the Original Six era, the Canadian teams brought in more money than did the American teams.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• And the American teams brought in more money by a long shot over the Canadian teams that couldn't make it.

Again, an all Canadian league was NOT viable, and the US teams were critical to the success of the league
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Dude, Ming.

If there are no US teams, what else are these guys going to do?

They're going to play hockey where there's hockey teams. Simple as that.

Comment

• The biggest problem I can see with the Canadian argument is that they're acting as though they're a self-sufficient country, when they're clearly just another region of the US (economically speaking). It's fine if you don't want to spread your sport to the rest of America, but you'll be dooming hockey to less financial success and permanent status as a regional sport like NASCAR...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• But if there wasn't a viable hockey league, who was going to pay them to play? The league did struggle until they added a few US teams. That seems to be an established fact.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• We'll keep our oil and natural gas, and you can keep your KFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          The simple fact is, the league wasn't surviving as an all Canadian league.

The simple fact is, that throughout the Original Six era, the Canadian teams brought in more money than did the American teams.

Source?????

And Asher... my whole point is that the NHL wouldn't exist today without American Teams. And that American Dollars are critical to the league. For the NHL to exist, it is important that key US markets stay involved. So you can whine all you want about the american crap this and that, but the simple fact is... the NHL needs the US to be successful. That's all I"m saying... on the other hand, all you guys seem to be saying is personal insults and not dealing with reality
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                            We'll keep our oil and natural gas, and you can keep your KFC.
                            I think we'd really like it if you took NASCAR
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                              And Asher... my whole point is that the NHL wouldn't exist today without American Teams.
                              Source?????

(it's BS).

Hockey is a Canadian sport played mostly by Canadians for the love of the game. If they get paid 25% of what they get paid now, they'd still do it. In fact, many of these teams do do that in the Western Hockey League and the Canadian Hockey League.

The simple fact is the American market is where the NHL business types want to expand. They can make more money in the US if it becomes popular, but that doesn't make it necessary.

Comment

• I think we'd really like it if you took NASCAR

Please do...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X