Most Annoying NHL Goaltender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Annoying NHL Goaltender

Who is the NHL's most annoying goaltender?

I gotta vote Roloson. The dude FLIPS OUT if anyone comes within 1 foot of the crease. He'll cry and scream at the refs until his voice is hoarse. Little drama queen.
    Duh-wayne Roloson
    60.00%
    Ed Belfour
    20.00%
    Banana
    20.00%
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Ed Belfour. He's a jerk. Who injures their own backup!?!?
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Roloson.

Comment

While the poll is valid as it DOES have the banana option, I would have preferred more options. THis poll is really who is more annoying of those two instead of MOST annoying.

For instance different persons could be annoyed at

Theodore for collecting 5.5M to sit on his ass
        Raycroft for mediocrity
        Tellqvist and Joseph for making Maple Leafs management look bad
        Hasek . . . well just because

and on and on
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

How about we use this poll to pool ideas for a more expanded poll?

Raycroft for mediocrity

Medicority? The guy's not even in the top 30 goaltenders. There's a word for that, and it's not mediocrity.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Also, my intention was mostly for personality, not performance.

Hasek should probably be up there, though he's better in recent years.

Comment

This is awesome...google for: Roloson annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Raycroft for mediocrity

Medicority? The guy's not even in the top 30 goaltenders. There's a word for that, and it's not mediocrity.
                Asher

If you are going to continue to bash the Leafs defense as being awful , they you have to accept that this may negatively impact a goaltender's numbers. Obviously GAA has to be hurt and even save percentage suffers if your team is giving up more QUALITY chances.

You know this as you yourself has mentioned the strong team play in front of Brodeur as being a factor in his numbers
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yes, but Raycroft doesn't play like a #1 in any way either. He hasn't been mediocre, he's been bad. So has the team infront of him, as luck would have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Asher

If you are going to continue to bash the Leafs defense as being awful , they you have to accept that this may negatively impact a goaltender's numbers. Obviously GAA has to be hurt and even save percentage suffers if your team is giving up more QUALITY chances.

You know this as you yourself has mentioned the strong team play in front of Brodeur as being a factor in his numbers
                    You expect consistency from trolls?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The two conditions (bad team, bad goaltender) are not mutually exclusive. For instance, Edmonton has a bad team with a mediocre, spastic goalie.

Toronto has a bad team with a bad goalie.

Calgary has a good team with a great goalie.

Do you see how this works, young jedi?

Comment

Belfour's cool.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You say that 'cause he played for Dallas. That's probably where he picked up his homicidal tendancies.

Comment

I went with banana for the Billy Smith option that should be there as all time most annoying goaltender.

Not sure if you meant active goalies or not however.

Another one that I think is among the most annoying is Kelly Hrudey just because I think he made a much better goalie than an announcer, and he was never a very good goalie

Active goalie? No one comes to mind. I know what Asher means about Roloson, but I think of him as kind of a MacEroe in that he complains and that is part of his game and it keeps him on his game.

/me
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

McEnroe was very highly annoying, no matter what part of the game, Sh.

Roli is a very annoying player... if he isn't on your team.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X