• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick: Bears, 45

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
      Stronger across the board?

Hardly.

These teams are pretty even, with areas going to each.

Manning is vastly superior to Grossman
      Hester is vastly superior to Colts kick coverage
      Vinatieri is Vinatieri
      Urlacher is Urlacher

Stronger across the board is just utter bull****, from fans of either side.

I guess it makes sense that Bears fans would be as deluded as Cubs fans, since they are largely the same. (obligatory shot taken by a baseball cardinals fan )
      You are aware, are you not, that Grossman's QB rating for the playoffs is better than Manning's and that Rex was tied for second among all NFL QB's with 7 games with a QB rating greater than 100?

There are two Rex Grossmans. One is as good as Manning can be. One who is terrible. The problem we have is perception. Manning has bad outings, as he did in the first two playoff games. But we tend to ignore them. Just as we tend to ignore the good Rex games.

But the reality is, both QB's can be good and bad. It all depends to some degree on the defenses.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• colts

Comment

• Bears, 38-17.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Colts, 31-20
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Hur-hur-hur, Dolphins Stadium pwnd: http://www.websense.com/securitylabs...hp?AlertID=733

Comment

• Zopper... why did you do it?!?!?!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                  APOLYTON PLAYOFF PICK'EM!!!

8-2 Imran
                  8-2 Jaguar
                  7-3 -Jrabbit
                  7-3 mrmitchell
                  6-4 Slowwhand
                  6-4 Zopperoni
                  5-5 Darsnan
                  5-5 Donegeal
                  5-5 Jonny
                  4-6 Ben Kenobi
                  4-6 joncha
                  4-6 Ned
                  4-6 reismark
                  3-7 Ozzy
                  1-9 Dis
                  1-9 Drake
                  1-9 Sava
                  1-9 Sleepy
                  0-10 Ming

A few notes:

GO JAGUAR!
                  DON'T GO IMRAN!!!
                  -Jrabbit and mrmitchell still have a shot!
                  Dis: at 1-9, you go right ahead and keep cheering against the Bears!
                  Ming: as usual, another spectacular job!!!!

With one game left, there are still 4 people who have a shot at the title!

Go ahead and post your pick ahead of time if you want, or you can PM it to me. Remember to also submit your prediction for total points scored for the Super Bowl for the tie breaker.

Sloww, Zop, Darsnan, Jonny, Ben, joncha, Ned and reismark: seeing as all of you are either one ahead of me, tied or one below me, you guys can still PM me with your picks and total, but I won't look at them until after gametime (actually, as I will be at a party without a connection, I won't look at them until well after the game). You'll be able to keep track of if I cheat by the PM tracking feature. Good luck to all!

GO BEARS!!!!!!

Ok... way too many pages and post to go through. Re-post your pick and total score or PM it to me.
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Colts, 52.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      I think the 7 points is on the high side.

Vegas wants equal number of bets on both sides. More rabid Bears fans willing to bet on their team so the number is higher for the Colts.
                      Its a good thing you went into law instead of science
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Da Bears! 50

Comment

• Bears, 43
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Bears
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Bears, 27-24

The Colts kickoff after Manning throws a TD to bring them within three with about five minutes left. They never get the ball back as Jones & Benson grind out the clock and Grossman makes a key third-down completion, and Vinatieri watches from the sideline, powerless to do anything about it.
                              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Any hypothesis that includes Grossman should be considered null and void. If the Bears were smart, they had him practicing his hand-offs this week.
                                They have 2 abover average RB's. Use them. Win time of possession.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X