Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expect the Bears to give up some points to this offense. Manning knows how to attack a cover-2, and they have great players at every skill position.

The big question is which Colts defense, and which Rex Grossman, will show up on the other side of the ball.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It will all come down to turn overs. (gee how original, but it's still true)
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• mmm turnovers
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          The best defense this season was the Ravens and they got beat down by the Colts.

"Beat down" is hardly an accurate way to describe it. The Ravens didn't give up a single touchdown to the "unstoppable" Peyton Manning...
          Indeed. The Ravens held the colts to 15 points. If we hold them to 15 points, we'll win easily.

Comment

• Not if bad Rex shows up.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Indeed. The Ravens held the colts to 15 points. If we hold them to 15 points, we'll win easily.
              [snark]
              Which position do you play?[/snark]

Baltimore thought the same thing-no touchdowns=victory. That turned out well for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                Not if bad Rex shows up.
                1. If they only score 15 points, either bad rex didn't show up, or he didn't do much damage.

2. "we" is a common usage to denote a team one has allegiance to. Haven't you ever heard of the 12th man?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

One of the best, but not the best. The best defense this season was the Ravens and they got beat down by the Colts.
                  The Colts won that game because of its defense which surprised everyone.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• JR, talked to the wife, and she was OK with it.
                    (as long as there are no wives and kids. )
                    Look forward to seeing you on the big day.
                    We can go over any details on Friday.

GO BEARS
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• w00t, Super Bowl Polymeet!
                      GO BEARS!!
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• My wife and daughter will actually be in Michigan at a skating event that morning, and will probably not get back until after the start of the game...

So the only question is... do I need to bring anything

Go Bears!
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Of the stat predictors I mentioned before the championship games... the Bears are better than the Colts in 9 of 12 categories: http://www.actasports.com/sows.php

The Colts only are better than the Bears in two categories: rushing yards per attempt and opponent net passing yards (the only category the Saints had over the Bears).

Despite the Colts offensive weapons, the teams are even when it comes to points scored.

Here are the categories where the Bears have an advantage over the Colts:

Rushing Yards
                          Opponent Rushing Yards / Attempt
                          Fewer Net Passing Yards
                          Turnover Differential
                          Opponent Rushing Yards
                          Point Differential
                          Regular Season Record
                          Opponent Total Yards / Game
                          Points Allowed

I know everyone is creaming their pants because of Peyton Manning. But the Bears match up best against the Colts compared to every other top AFC team (Chargers, Ravens, Patriots).

All the so called "experts" were against the Bears for the Saints game despite all the evidence suggesting it would go the other way. All the "experts" are against the Bears for the Super Bowl.

Teams with this much of an advantage over their opponent rarely lose. There have been 18 times when a team was statistically favored (by these categories) to win the Super Bowl. The favored team won 15 times.

Go Bears.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• edit: Nevermind, pick 'em standings are a few pages back.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Sava, It's the same every Superbowl. The 'spurts just pick the better offense. Even when Montana was leading the 49ers, the 49ers had one of the best defenses in football. The only time a Montana-lead team did not go to the Superbowl is when some other NFC team was just a little bit better on defense. Think Bears '85 and Giants '86.

Yeah, all those know-it-alls were picking NO to blow out the Bears because NO had the best offense in football. So, they were wrong, as usual. The better defense typically wins championships.

Which is why I wondered when during the pre-season prognostications were going on everyone was picking everyone else but the Bears to go all the way. Last year the Bears lead the NFL in scoring defense. One had to figure with Grossman playing a full season that the Bears would be better than last year, and they were. But, they were ignoring the Bears because Grossman was an unknown quantity, etc., etc., etc. He still is, to some degree, but the Bears are in the SB and should win anyway. The reason: a better defense.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• [q=Ned]Which is why I wondered when during the pre-season prognostications were going on everyone was picking everyone else but the Bears to go all the way. Last year the Bears lead the NFL in scoring defense. One had to figure with Grossman playing a full season that the Bears would be better than last year, and they were. But, they were ignoring the Bears because Grossman was an unknown quantity, etc., etc., etc. He still is, to some degree, but the Bears are in the SB and should win anyway. The reason: a better defense.[/q]

Just as a bit of trivia, do you know who was #2 in scoring defense last season? It was a shock for me, so be sure you are sitting down... the Indianapolis Colts. How strange is that?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X