Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The videotape of Michael Vick disposing of his water bottle at Miami International airport was erased.
    The State announced Monday that Vick wouldn't be charged. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has been trying to get a copy of the tape to see what happened, but the case is now closed.
    Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Vick's level of idiocy, both in owning such a bottle and in trying to get it through airport security, is high. As, perhaps, was he.

Interesting that when this was initially announced, officials stated that it would be 3-4 weeks before they had a disposition on the alleged substance. I smell cover-up...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar

Yes, exactly.

The first three yards for Colts running backs are free because everyone's scared to death of Peyton Manning. Bears running backs get their help from superior blocking.
      I think this was probably a Jaws analysis, but typically if there are 8 men in the box, Manning will throw; if 7, he'll call a run.

I don't think "everyone's scared to death of Peyton Manning" - were the Steelers scared last year? Were the Ravens this year? Have the Patriots been? (Granted Manning has gotten a few wins recently.)
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Vick is an idiot coach killer. That term was used properly.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Vick's level of idiocy, both in owning such a bottle and in trying to get it through airport security, is high. As, perhaps, was he.

Interesting that when this was initially announced, officials stated that it would be 3-4 weeks before they had a disposition on the alleged substance. I smell cover-up...
          While Vick's idocy is apparent, why would this be a cover-up? Were there any dead bodies? Anybody shot/stabbed? Was he covered in blood? Anything like a major crime apparent? No, he was just in possession of an unknown substance. I'm sure crime labs have plenty on their plates. Should this get priority just because he's a celebrity? I don't think so.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• And yet it was brushed aside in a few days rather than the expected 4-week process.

It's almost certainly a misdemeanor they didn't want to deal with.

Pretty telling that the Falcons didn't rescind their reprimand, and that Vick has not demanded an apology.

It's no big deal, but I do think his local celebrity helped get this brushed aside -- and the video quickly erased before it could be leaked.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon

I think this was probably a Jaws analysis, but typically if there are 8 men in the box, Manning will throw; if 7, he'll call a run.

I don't think "everyone's scared to death of Peyton Manning" - were the Steelers scared last year? Were the Ravens this year? Have the Patriots been? (Granted Manning has gotten a few wins recently.)
              The Steelers are an example of a team that did pretty well against Manning. What they mean by that is they held him to 290 yards and a touchdown. That's a good way to deal with Manning, though: have an excellent pass rush, force a few drives to end without a score, and then score on the Colts' defense almost every drive. That's how the Chargers managed to win last year, too.

The Ravens kept two safeties deep on every play. On some, Ed Reed would be placed 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He wouldn't run forward towards the line of scrimmage on run plays until he was absolutely sure that the ball was out of Manning's hands. His sole purpose was to defend the deep ball. No other quarterback gets treated that way.

In the last two years Manning has put up three straight 300 yard games against the Patriots, scored an average of 35 points, and gone 3-0. Yea, I think the Pats are afraid of him too.

Watch how defenses play the Manning Colts, and then watch how they play the Bears. It's absolutely nothing alike.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Dr. Z's analysis: Manning is better than Grossman. Colts win.

(As if nothing else but the QB position mattered.)

Reminds me of the wags talking about Boston-Chicago in the baseball playoffs. They pointed to Ortiz and Manny. Chicago had nothing like them. Lights out Chicago.

But, in baseball, it is pitching and defense that wins most of the time. Chicago was a lot better than Boston here and swept the BoSox. Looking back, it was easy to see. But hindsight is perfect.

So every year we find that in football it is defense that wins championships. Only if both defenses are equal does it come down to the QB's. Now, even though the Colts defense has been playing very well recently, Chicago has been one of the very best in the NFL this year. If the wags would actually remember history, they would say the Bears are the better team because of this.

Chicago actually plays well against passing teams because they cause so many turnovers off the pass, from sacks and forced fumbles to strips and interceptions. Teams do best against Bears when they run effectively. Seattle almost won because they ran well against the Bears. NO lost because they relied on the pass.

NO had the best passing attack in the NFL this year and clearly Brees was better than Grossman. So Dr. Z, why didn't NO win if Brees was better? Why is your Manning vs. Grossman analysis any better?

No, Dr. Z, your analysis assumes everything else is equal. But they are not equal, are they?
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Jag, Brees had nearly 300 yards against the Bears. Threw for a couple of touchdowns. But, was the score even close?
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• fumbles?

Comment

• You can't stop the Colts attack, you can only hope to contain them.

Interestingly, that is precisely Chicago's defensive philosophy.

Comment

• Rightio, so according to this thread, Bears beat the NFC, therefore Bears are better, therefore Bears win.

Sod the Superbowl, let's just crown their asses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                          Here, lets do a team comparison:

QB: Indy (Manning is WAY better than Grossman)
                          WR: Indy (Harrison and Wayne are one of the best 2 WR combos ever)
                          RB: Chi (Jones alone is better than Addia and Rhodes)
                          O-Line: Chi (I admittedly don't know much about Indys O-line, but Chicago has one of the best)
                          Def: Chi (Best in the NFL when healthy, still much better than Indy while missing two probowlers)

What does this mean? Heavy dose of Jones/Benson behind a superior O-line will wear down the clock and keep Manning off the field.

Chicago wins in a low scoring affair (both in teens or low 20's).
                          Well I agree with everything but RB and O-Line. Which are both even.

Manning has been sacked 14 times this season, that pretty much sums it up.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                            So every year we find that in football it is defense that wins championships. Only if both defenses are equal does it come down to the QB's. Now, even though the Colts defense has been playing very well recently, Chicago has been one of the very best in the NFL this year. If the wags would actually remember history, they would say the Bears are the better team because of this.
                            One of the best, but not the best. The best defense this season was the Ravens and they got beat down by the Colts.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              One of the best, but not the best. The best defense this season was the Ravens and they got beat down by the Colts.
                              As much as I'm a Bears fan... the fact that Indy easily handled the best defense in the league concerns me.

If the Bears offense can do what they did to NO, then we have a chance. If Indy's defense stalls the Bears offense, and our defense spends too much time on the field, the Bears will be toast.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The best defense this season was the Ravens and they got beat down by the Colts.

"Beat down" is hardly an accurate way to describe it. The Ravens didn't give up a single touchdown to the "unstoppable" Peyton Manning...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X