• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    1. Sports do not exist.
    2. We exist on the Sports Forum.
    Ergo,
    3. We do not exist.
    *idly watches Jrabbit wink out of existance through his own logical inconsistancies, throws popcorn, and wonders if it counts as a spectator sport that threatens his existance *

Comment

Originally posted by flipside

*idly watches Jrabbit wink out of existance through his own logical inconsistancies, throws popcorn, and wonders if it counts as a spectator sport that threatens his existance *

:lol

I have always had great difficulty defining what is or is not a sport. No single test seems sufficient. If its

1.athletic prowess, you have to consider things like rythmic gymnastics or one-handed handstands to be sports

2. Keeping score, is crib or darts a sport?

3. Strategy and tactics-- chess, monopoly, go??

Etc etc etc-- FRankly it would take more effort than it is worth to come up with a definiton since on any definition, 75% of people would find reason to disagree
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

How about we just talk about whatever the Hell we want on this forum if it can concievably end up on the sports page so that we don't argue if X is a sport .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If that isn't begging for a case closed or toast (depending on which twin we'll thinking about)

But since there have been some great lines and at least some debate........ Let the madness continue.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm telling you rah, voting for the hottest babe IS a sport... it involves physical activity , and is competition! We'll keep score, and there will be some strategy in a 64 woman tourney (vote a hotter woman down because she'll be facing your favorite in the next round if she wins.. etc ).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm flip-flopping.

If it's on an ESPN network or in the Olympics, it's a sport.
              Otherwise, I don't exist.

So a big to: women's billiards, poker, golf, ping pong, lumberjack stuff, and competitive spelling!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You must include ESPN2

Bass fishing, refrigerater races, and all the extreme non-sports.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've come up with a new test. IF the Aussies are good at it, it's got to be a sport. This includes the sports of Aussie rules football, rugby (union and league), cricket, swimming, barbie lighting and beer drinking.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm flip-flopping.

Does ESPN show professional wrestling ??

So a big to: women's billiards, poker, golf, ping pong, lumberjack stuff, and competitive spelling!
                    Some of that lumberjack and strongman stuff seems hard
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm telling you rah, voting for the hottest babe IS a sport...

No, it isn't. No teams, subjective scoring, no physical contact between members of opposing teams.

Babes engaged in tag-team mud wrestling, on the other hand...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

For God's sake, count it as a sport!

I don't want to lose -Jrabbit.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                        X