Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Allstar Voting

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=189124&hubname=

This is ridiculous. I'm all for Rory getting in, of course, but the other results are less absurd (but strangely, more stupid).

Roberto Luongo is #1 in west for goaltenders (367,528)? Kiprusoff is in second (296,186) and Turco barely in 3rd (294,762)

But most bizarre is SCOTT HANNAN:
    Lidstrom, Pronger and San Jose's Scott Hannan (333,610) sit third, fourth and fifth in defenceman voting. Flames second-year banger Dion Phaneuf (317,576) is sixth.

How the HELL can Hannan have that many votes?

Looking at the top forwards, 3 of the top 4 are sharks. Clearly, the silicon valley area is far more likely to vote than others...stupid.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Re: NHL Allstar Voting

Originally posted by Asher
    Clearly, the silicon valley area is far more likely to vote than others...
    ... and try to mess with the system?
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Popularity contest, maybe?
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

It's not even JUST that. Hannan is not one of the most popular d-men in the NHL.

It's just that the market the Sharks play in have a very internet-affluent fanbase, moreso than the others, which influences their voting. Scott Hannan sucks, for instance.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've heard it was because the Sharks have really pushed balloting at their home games, with terminals set up to vote in the arena and such.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
          X