This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Hockey - Coming up on the Halfway Point

Only 23 weeks of regular season for the league, 26 weeks total including playoffs, so we're pretty much in the middle at week 12.

Edit - Last thread:

Last edited by Kontiki; December 19, 2006, 20:47.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Playoffs are only 3 weeks...?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Playoffs are only 3 weeks...?
      Must be a typo since 4 rounds each going 7 games would be 28 days even if they played back to back.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Playoffs for the fantasy hockey league, not the NHL.
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

The fantasy league's playoffs only last 3 weeks? That's odd.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm basing that on the "Matchups" section which shows 26 weeks total, the last three of which say "Playoff matchups are to be determined". Although now that I look at the Rules section, it describes weeks three and four of the playoffs. However, given their description of the playoff format, I'm not sure why you'd need four weeks.

Comment

'tiki, it would help if you would include a link to the previous thread in the OP.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Will do. Sorry 'bout that.

Comment

The Flames injuries still keep piling up.

Now the Flames injured include:

Alex Tanguay
                  Roman Hamrlik
                  Andrei Zyuzin
                  Rhett Warrener
                  Marcus Nilson
                  Jeff Friesen

And Noodles will get the start in net.

It's almost a blessing that I can't stay up to watch the game.

Dustin Boyd is taking Tanguay's spot on the top line.

Comment

Edmonton is teh r0x!!!

A 3-1 lead blown...they're now down 5-3 at the end of the 2nd.
                    Last edited by Asher; December 19, 2006, 23:14.

Comment

The Oilers were playing last goal wins, and they lost.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Moss gets his first NHL goal in his first NHL game...Boyd gets an assist.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          Moss gets his first NHL goal in his first NHL game...Boyd gets an assist.
                          Flames lead 5-2 playing a lineup with 5 minor-leaguers. It is good they are reasonably deep. If these guys get some good experience, the Flames may have the possibility to trade a middling prospect for a "rental" to help for the playoff run
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Habs beat Buffalo. Only 5 points behind first place now.

Buffalo has lost two straight that I can recall. Montreal is on a roll. Habs looked near perfect tonight.
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Calgary is now #1 in the NW with a game in hand on the Oilers and Minnesota.

And it was done on a road trip with 5 regulars out injured...

Comment

Working...
                              X