Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seahawks might be the worst division champion ever.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
      The Seahawks might be the worst division champion ever.
      The Seahawks yes, but not this version of the Seahawks. Back in '98 the 'Hawks lost their last two, but still won the AFC West division on the last weekend because of other teams losing. They then hosted Miami (who also qualified as a Wild Card even though they lost their last regular season game as well...) in what many called the "Back-In Bowl" at the time. Miami won the game on a late J.J. Johnson TD in what was the last game played in the SeaHawk Dome.

D

Comment

I think you mean the 1999 Seahawks. The 1998 Hawks didn't make the postseason. However, the 99 Seahawks didn't lost their last 2 games, but their last five out of six (the second to last game they won)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Will be kind of cool if Tennessee stumbles into playoffs. Go Vince!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It'd be cool if you stumbled into the name change thread..........

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

FUN FACT:

While Eli Manning wasn't selected to the Pro Bowl, the three players (or draft picks) that were traded to San Diego for him all did: QB Philip Rivers, LB Shawne Merriman, and kicker Nate Kaeding.

Gee, wonder who got the best of that deal?
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That's just nuts that the Giants could have gotten Merriman & Rivers (lets not count Kaeding for right now) instead of Eli Manning. Either one of those players is better than Eli at the moment!!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                  It'd be cool if you stumbled into the name change thread..........

ACK!
                  I just saw.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Playoff Bandwagon!

What, your team isn't gonna to make the playoffs? No problem - the NFL is here to assist you in jumping onto another teams bandwagon !

Love the Mora rant "Playoffs!?! Are you kidding me!?!"

Anyways, I got Tennessee, which, as a 'Phins fan, is spot on, because the Titans play Buffalo (Public Enemy #1 in all 'Phins Fans book right now! ) this weekend. Go Titans!

D

Comment

• That's awesome. The questions are hilarious as is the NFL Films announcer guy!

I got the San Diego Chargers (I think mostly because of the "Palm Tree" and "Night Owl" responses) .

Comment

• "Should the unthinkable happen..." I got New England.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! YOU DON'T PLAY TO JUST PLAY IT"

Comment

• I must admit, I do love them having the NFL Films announcer (or whoever that familiar voice is) do this. I'm no fan of flash websites, but this was pretty well done and didn't eat much mbandwidth.

Comment

• Apparently they have many different questions. On second time around: Da Bears.

Third try: Pittsburgh Steelers (will they even make it though?)

Fourth try: San Francisco 49ers (again, making the playoffs?!)

On the four tries, I got a bunch of different questions, at least 3 new ones each time I did it.

Comment

• Fifth try, a completely different set of questions (all five new) and the New Orleans Saints.

Comment

Working...
                                X