Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Fantasy Football draft earliest analysis.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You can look at Young and be excited about his future, but I'm not sure how someone can look at him and see him eventually having a 90+ QB rating or something (from the way people talk they think he'll be throwing for 3500 yards and rushing for 800, all the while putting up fantastic passer rating numbers). Young will be a mid-high 70s or low 80s passer rating QB with around 600-700 rushing yards.
      Why?

The single best predictor of NFL passing success in quarterbacks is generally the completion percentage in college. (That's why Kyle Boller sucked, and Phillip Rivers turned out to post a 90+ rating in his first year. Boller barely completed 50% of his passes, while Rivers set records for completion percentage.)

Vince Young has a huge advantage over Vick in completion percentage. he had a career percentage of about 62, whereas Vick's was in the low fifties. Young is fundamentally the more accurate passer and it is already showing.

He got thrown into starting several months too early, after the disaster that was the Kerry Collins experiment. And he put up typical crappy rookie stats for a few months. But look at his game-by-game splits. He hit his stride around the Giants game, and in those six games, he's got a rating of 77.2.

What you're saying is, more or less, that he's never going to improve from that. Frankly, you're clearly just annoyed that people pick on your favorite player.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
        2007 Fantasy Football draft earliest analysis.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/9908343
        I doubt Jamal Lewis ends up being a third-rounder in the end. At some point, the Ravens are going to notice that he really isn't very good anymore, and realize that they'd probably be better off giving 300+ carries to someone who can break 4 yards a carry every once in a while.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• APOLYTON PLAYOFF PICK'EM!!

Straight pick'em. No Points. Tie breaker will be total points of SB XLI. If the pick'em is close, and you actually care about this, PM me your Picks and SB XLI total before the game(s) start each day there are games. I will keep a running total of all participants.

Winner gets... well the ability to say "I won the Apolyton Playoff Pick'em!".

Today's games:
          Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts
          Dallas Cowboys @ Seatle Seahawks
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I pick:

KC
            Dallas
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
              The single best predictor of NFL passing success in quarterbacks is generally the completion percentage in college. (That's why Kyle Boller sucked, and Phillip Rivers turned out to post a 90+ rating in his first year. Boller barely completed 50% of his passes, while Rivers set records for completion percentage.
              You mean how Tim Couch was a star due to his 67% completion percentage in college? Or Charlie Frye with similar numbers?

The offensive scheme the player played in in college is important as well. It is also interesting to note that Vick holds the freshman record in passer rating.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think most people will agree that Couch wasn't an intrinsically bad quarterback, but rather, he got destroyed by terrible coaching and the Cleveland black hole of suck. He also got injured a lot, and there's nothing you can look at in college that is predictive of future injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                  APOLYTON PLAYOFF PICK'EM!!

Winner gets... well the ability to say "I won the Apolyton Playoff Pick'em!".

Today's games:
                  Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts
                  Dallas Cowboys @ Seatle Seahawks
                  Today Road Warriors will Rule! I pick:

KC
                  Dallas

Comment

• Indianapolis
                    Dallas
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Indianapolis and Dallas

Comment

• KC and Dallas.

KC may run the ball 60 times today. If they're smart they will.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• KC & Seattle for me, please.
                          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Seattle?

Comment

• I think this year's NFC West might just be the worst division ever. Except for the 2004 NFC West.

Comment

• The records aren't all that far off from the 2004 NFC West... but I think that Arizona is a good deal better than the 2004 49ers, so that tips it for this year being better. Though that 2004 NFC West did have two playoff teams.

That 2004 NFC East was putrid, with the 13-3 Eagles and then every other team at 6-10.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X