This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my... what a screen.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• :sigh:
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• GOOOOOOOOOD!!!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Jets win!

Comment

• I think it would be funny if the Raiders beat the Jets Sunday. It would mean the Jets' playoff hopes are up in the air, and the Lions get to blow the #1 draft pick.

Edit: BTW, great goal line stand by the Iggles D.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Well, I guess this means I have to cheer for the Raiders next week... as painful as that is. And a bunch of other bad teams too.

Comment

• Great! This is the second time this year I have won the week in the Lombardi pool.

Jaguar, I noticed you stopped chasing me a couple of weeks ago. Why? since you don't think much of my knowledge of football.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I've been forgetting to get my picks in before the Thursday games, mostly, and I was on vacation last week.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                    I've been forgetting to get my picks in before the Thursday games, mostly, and I was on vacation last week.
                    Yeah, I suspected as much. I think we should adopt a rule for this year that would allow those who have a 0 for any week a default score of 50% of the games so that they can get back into this pool for the final push. I would support this even though it would cost me.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• 50% of the games is a little bit too generous, given that it's picking against the spread. In theory, that's how well people should do anyway. (In practice, someone should be able to do consistently better than that. Las Vegas sets the point spreads to maximize their total income, not to make it impossible for an individual to win money.)
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• you snooze you lose

What's needed is a free svc like Yahoo, but that lets you pick the later games if you miss the Thursday. So you just lose the one (or in confidence, 16). Been looking. Haven't found one yet.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Why don't we put it to a vote and keep an unofficial "official" tally here if the vote is in favor of a credit of some sort to be determined?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            you snooze you lose

What's needed is a free svc like Yahoo, but that lets you pick the later games if you miss the Thursday. So you just lose the one (or in confidence, 16). Been looking. Haven't found one yet.
                            You may be in luck. I've actually written my own pickem software that I use to run a pickem among my friends - http://www.kaction.com/pickem/ - and I'm hoping by the start of next season I can make it available for anybody to download and run on their website.

If you have any specific features you'd like to see in a service like this, PM me to let me know and I should be able to work them in.

Comment

• Interesting stuff for Coach of the Year. For most of the year, Peyton in NO has been on top, and deservedly so, but now people are starting to look at the Jets and realize that Mangini has done one amazing job, especially if they get to the playoffs. Unlike NO, which got a fresh infusion of talent at the skill positions, the Jets mainly kept who they had, including a QB that many thought would never be able to start for an NFL team again (Pennington, who should be Comeback Player of the Year, even though Carson Palmer will most likely win it).

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Eagles
                                QFT!

The Eagles are now the number three seed in the NFC. Not bad for a team that looked like its season was in the crapper five weeks ago.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X