This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huet playing too much is my guess.

Also, too many Frenchmen = not enough endurance.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
      So you're predicting a repeat of last year?

Why will Montreal not keep pace, I'm wondering?
      Pretty much. I just think that though Ottawa stumbled out of the gates, they are a stronger team than Montreal. Ottawa has more prime-time firepower than Monteal (granted, Montreal has a more balanced attack), I'd rate their D better and while Gerber has been a bust, I think Emery is a legitimate #1 goaltender, and his stats from last year and so far this year are better than Huet. As I see it, Emery had two problems last year: 1) He didn't have enough experience, though that wasn't as big as 2) he was ridden into the ground by playing all the time. He's a really good keeper, but he's not a Kipper/Luongo/Brodeur who thrive on playing almost every single game.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Hmmm and Kipper continues up the goaltending stats

Now third in GAA-- In a 3 way tie with Huet and Emery on save % at .931 and tied with Lehtonen for most ****outs

Kippersoft indeed!!

@ Ninot-- it appears that one bad outing has taken Huet down quite a bit in the goalie rankings. as for MOntreal's rankings, I can't see them catching Buffalo and I pretty much expect Ottawa to surpass them and probably Carolina-- So I could very much see them as a solid 6th seed-- Thats actually probably not a bad place to be since it would get the weakest points-wise of the division winners and I believe Montreal matches up well with any team in the Atlantic
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          Huet playing too much is my guess.

Also, too many Frenchmen = not enough endurance.
          We don't have all that many frenchmen, really

Latendresse, Begin, Boullion, Huet, Dandenault.
          I think that's it.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I think the most interesting team right now is the Islanders. Are they for real?
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
              tied with Lehtonen for most ****outs
              Are ****outs the opposite of shutouts? Eg, Roloson's 4 goal on 16 shot performance the other night?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber I pretty much expect Ottawa to surpass them and probably Carolina-- So I could very much see them as a solid 6th seed--
                Carolina has looked weak this year. I dont see them climbing all that much in the standings.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Havlat supposed to be returning to Chicago this week. They've actually kept pace somewhat with the 7-10 seeded teams, so they might be able to make a push. I really don't think they have enough talent to make the playoffs--especially without Handzus--but if The Wall gets hot, and Havlat returns to form...

Ya never know.
                  "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                  "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                  "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Also--Richard Matvichuk is returning for the Devils soon after being out for all of the season thus far. As we all surely remember, NJ just barely squeaked under the cap with the Malakhov deal, so Matvichuk's $1.9m salary won't exactly fit into their plans.

So we could be seeing a trade of one of their mid-level guys--Brylin, Matvichuk, maybe even Langenbrunner--some time in the near future.
                    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                      I think the most interesting team right now is the Islanders. Are they for real?
                      I have no idea, as I haven't had a chance to watch them play this year. But if Ted Nolan is really getting Alexei Yashin, Viktor Kozlov, AND Tom Poti to play up to potential... He must be the greatest coach of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Are ****outs the opposite of shutouts? Eg, Roloson's 4 goal on 16 shot performance the other night?

amazing the typos that can happen when you hit the key adjacent to the one intended
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Maybe Wang can negotiate a 35 year contract for him, completely bypassing Snow. Then Snow can quit, strap on the pads and get a 10 year deal between the pipes, freeing DiPietro up to become GM.

Comment

• I love the term ****outs though, meaning the opposite of shutouts. I'm going to use it henceforth.

Comment

• How can you not like Kiprusoff, anyway? Tingkai is crazy.

As if facing one of the most potent attacks in hockey wasn't enough of a challenge, Miikka Kiprusoff dashed out of his net late in last night's game to do something he's never tried.

With the Flames pressing hard at the other end of the ice, a puck thrown by a fan rolled into Kiprusoff's end prompting the netminder to abandon his net as play continued.

To the delight of a sold out crowd already chanting his name, he fired the second puck into play down ice.

"I tried to score," laughed the quiet netminder with a shrug.

"I was kind of waiting for us to have the puck, then I went -- I wanted to show the refs it was there."

As the puck zipped by a confused Rhett Warrener, play was whistled down by the refs.

Just when you thought the Vezina Trophy winner had run out of ways to steal the spotlight, he'd done it again.

Comment

• Holy crap - Lidstrom is already +26!

Comment

Working...
                                X