Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not a bad goalie, hence my fleeced comment.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I know, but I'm surprised he won vs Nashville (no way I would of said that even 4 years ago)
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Edmonton v. Vancouver

A game where Edmonton can be delighted. Offense appeared and Roloson was in top form.

Vancouver has to be distraught at their lack of scoring but anytime you put 36 shots att he other guy, it sounds like you were in the game. That might be a little misleading though since Edmonton seemed to give them outside stuff and Vancouver seemed rarely to be jamming the net.

I think it was a game Edmonton was just happy to get out of with the W and they know they will have to play better in the future
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

While the salary cap is set to rise next season, the NHL Board of Governors is set to solve another issue: that pesky schedule.

Based largely on ticket increases in at least 25 of 30 NHL markets this season, it's believed the salary cap will jump from this season's $44 million to between $46 million and $47.5 million next season.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Not enough for Montreal to re-sign both Souray and Markov, I'm afraid
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

But it should be enough by 2008 to sign Iginla, Kipper, and Phaneuf.

Comment

What's Kipper making now?

Comment

This season he's making $3.5M, next season he makes $3.6M.

Phaneuf makes $800,000 this season and next.

Comment

Salaries for all teams: http://www.geocities.com/rmccleary97...es_by_Team.xls

Comment

Tanguay is costing the flames too much, IMO.

Comment

I don't agree, he's got 14 points in his last 10 games. He had a slow start but he's been hot, and if he stays this way it helps a lot.

Look at it this way, last year the Flames were the 2nd worst scoring team i nthe league...this year, they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          I don't agree, he's got 14 points in his last 10 games. He had a slow start but he's been hot, and if he stays this way it helps a lot.

Look at it this way, last year the Flames were the 2nd worst scoring team i nthe league...this year, they're not.
                          Itts tough though to assess how big a part Tanguay is in the overall improvement in Flames scoring. Iginla has done well but that was the case when Tanguay was on his line and not. PLus they have gotten a bit more second line production

But on balance Tanguay at 5.3 million does not seem unreasonable
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Now if you want unreasonable, look at Pisani at $2.5M.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Now if you want unreasonable, look at Pisani at $2.5M.
                              I knew you would go for a shot at Edmonton-- I just wasn't sure which player

Comment

There's actually a lot to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                                X