Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, considering the Flames just set a franchise record for wins at home and they are still in third place... I'd put the parade maps away for now, junior.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      Well, considering the Flames just set a franchise record for wins at home and they are still in third place... I'd put the parade maps away for now, junior.
      Parade maps ?? nope--but there are only a handful of teams that have looked as good as the Flames overall over say the last 16 games or so-- yes they sucked before that but even at that "3rd place" is a little misleading gven the Flames games in hand

More importantly lately is how they have won-- Its not kipper stealing games where the other team dominates-- The Flames themself have been the ones doing the dominating for pretty lengthy stretches of games
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Well, considering the Flames just set a franchise record for wins at home and they are still in third place... I'd put the parade maps away for now, junior.
        No parade maps here, but one would be a fool make an opinion such as yours.

The Oilers have looked, at best, mediocre over the past month. The Flames have looked consistently dangerous and dominating for the past month.

Rationalize this all you want, but I strongly recommend you look at the Flames record since their slow start. Contrast that with Edmonton's.

Is it any wonder that Edmonton has been losing ground to Calgary at a rapid pace? You realize Calgary's only 1 point behind but with 2 games in hand?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• and Asher is right when he indicates the Flames are very deep at D. Their #7 and #8 guys are solid. They spend a fair bit of time in the AHL but last night they paired them together and they did a good job as the third string pairing.

The use of the D seems a bit different this year. Last year all 3 pairs tended to get more equal ice time-- not equal but closer. This year they use Phaneuf-Hamrlik as a clear 1st string d and Regher as second string usually with Warrener . The third pairing is usually only nneded to play around 12minutes.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Parade maps ??
            Is your name Asher?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

No parade maps here, but one would be a fool make an opinion such as yours.

The Oilers have looked, at best, mediocre over the past month. The Flames have looked consistently dangerous and dominating for the past month.

Rationalize this all you want, but I strongly recommend you look at the Flames record since their slow start. Contrast that with Edmonton's.

Is it any wonder that Edmonton has been losing ground to Calgary at a rapid pace? You realize Calgary's only 1 point behind but with 2 games in hand?
              How much would you like to see the Flames without Iginla and Tanguay?

Even then, the Oilers are 3 and 2 missing both Smyth and Hemsky.

Keep counting your chickens.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                and Asher is right when he indicates blah, blah, blah.
                Why would you insist on injecting serious discussion when Asher and I go at it?

Can I send you a board to strike yourself in the head repeatedly with?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

• I think when compared to last year, Asher has been very subdued in his declarations of Flames dominance, even when it might be credited.

Habs however are going to the finals, mmmmkay?

Actually, they'll win the cup too. So you two need not worry.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Piss off.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Piss off.
                      I'm gonna report you one of these days.

Comment

• Feel free.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• Budaj had a decent win tonight. I wonder if Tayodoor's job could be stolen by the end of the year.

Comment

How much would you like to see the Flames without Iginla and Tanguay?

Even then, the Oilers are 3 and 2 missing both Smyth and Hemsky.

Keep counting your chickens.
                            It's funny that there's always some excuse the Flames detractors have.

"Imagine where you'd be without Kiprusoff!"
                            "Imagine where you'd be without Kiprusoff and Iginla!"
                            "Imagine where you'd be without Kiprusoff and Iginla and Tanguay!"
                            "Imagine where you'd be without Kiprusoff and Iginla and Tanguay and Phaneuf!"

Get used to it, nye. Flames have depth this year. They have secondary scoring. They have a terrific first line. They have Vezina-quality goaltending. They're even outscoring Edmonton's much-touted offense. And they're only going to get better when Yelle returns.

Let's contrast this to Edmonton. Edmonton's forwards are sleepwalking. There is ZERO depth to the defense -- hell, even the first pairing is pretty bad. The goaltender is old and not used to the workload and pressures of being a starting goaltender for a season. Edmonton will need some significant trades to rise above the mediocre-at-best, and looks to pull the same **** as they have in recent memory as hovering around the playoff mark, then narrowly making it or missing it. Time for you to get used to it.

(And Hemsky does not compare with Tanguay...get real!)
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You're the one answering with the Flames in an exchange about the Oileers when the Oilers are short their two leading offensive players, genius.

And yeah, comparing Hemsky to Tanguay is unreal. Tanguay is nowhere near the talent that Hemsky is.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

And yeah, comparing Hemsky to Tanguay is unreal. Tanguay is nowhere near the talent that Hemsky is.
                                Oh, Oilers fans.

Hemsky is sooooo talented he's got significantly less points and isn't even a +1...

The best part of Oiler and Leaf fans is the alternate reality they live in. Each year that they crash and burn it comes as a huge shock to both teams, even though the writing's been on the wall since the start. They delude themselves into thinking they've got first rate players (Hemsky, Tucker, etc) when they're not.

I still remember early last season, when I was talking about Phaneuf's stellar play and you compared him to Marc-Andre Bergeron. Oh, the brilliance.

Comment

Working...
                                X