This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    How exactly did Vancouver manage to score 3 anyway?
    Heh -- it happens
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Toronto Toronto Toronto

Well at least the Leafs didn't blow a big lead this time . . . .
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Heh -- it happens
        It is the odd game where the Flames offence bails out the defence.

It was interesting to watch.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• What else happened . . . lets see

Ottawa fell to the Rangers-- no big surprise as I expected the Sens to fall back after their hot streak.

Montreal ties Buffalo and loses the shootout-- no shame there and it continues Montreal's habit of ekeing point out of lots of games

Comment

Toronto Toronto Toronto

Well at least the Leafs didn't blow a big lead this time . . . .
            No, they just blew, big time.

I'm allowed to say this. I have Sundin and Kaberle.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It is the odd game where the Flames offence bails out the defence.

It was interesting to watch.
              Definitely different... But essentially it just seemed that they were so much better than the Nucks and then they lost focus for a bit-- In the end it was sold team play over the last 5 minutes that preserved the victory-- Vancouver hardly threatened in that stretch--

Oh and its getting tougher to slam the Flames offence these days. I haven't run the numbers but it seems like they are scoring more in the last 15-16 games than they did last year

Comment

What else happened . . . lets see

Ottawa fell to the Rangers-- no big surprise as I expected the Sens to fall back after their hot streak.
                I didn't. The team is too good to go easily. Perhaps unreasonable to expect them to keep it up missing 2 big players and a goalie playing hurt though.

Montreal ties Buffalo and loses the shootout-- no shame there and it continues Montreal's habit of ekeing point out of lots of games
                Habs are Habs. They find ways to make lemonade out of lemons.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

No, they just blew, big time.
                  Full agreement. Of course the Leafs fans will tell you that EVERY game they lose is just a slump that is not indicative of their true strength.

Originally posted by notyoueither

I'm allowed to say this. I have Sundin and Kaberle.
                  I'm allowed to say it too .. . Why? Because I said so

Besides tonight it was true .. . I don't even the biggest fans with Leaf blinders on can take much positive from that effort

Comment

Oh and its getting tougher to slam the Flames offence these days. I haven't run the numbers but it seems like they are scoring more in the last 15-16 games than they did last year
                    They're still 10th in the conference for goals scored.

Of course, the Oilers are 8th, I think.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I didn't. The team is too good to go easily. Perhaps unreasonable to expect them to keep it up missing 2 big players and a goalie playing hurt though.

Well the Sens were on something like an 8-2 streak-- its almost impossible to keep up that pace so a bit of a let-down was to be expected

PLus the Rangers have been kind of hot .. . THis win means they won or tied* 8 of their last nine ( 3 or 4 were OT or SO "losses"

Comment

They're still 10th in the conference for goals scored.

Of course, the Oilers are 8th, I think.
                        No shock since my recollection was the Flames totally sucked on goals scored in the early season. Thats why I mentioned the last 15-16 games as a measure

Comment

• Habs played well tonight. They'll need to get more consistant offense if they want to beat Buffalo later in the year. But they had nothing to be ashamed of tonight.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I just looked at the Flames last 16 games-- by my count

They scored once --- 2 times
                            They scored twice-- one time ( a win)
                            They scored 3-- 8 times
                            They scored 4 -- 3 times
                            They scored 5 -- 2 times

So its not blow-em out explosive but thats over 3 goals a game on average. Since there are THIRTY goaltenders that have played at least 12 games and have GAA of 3.00 or less-- this seems like a competetive goals for

Comment

Well the Sens were on something like an 8-2 streak-- its almost impossible to keep up that pace so a bit of a let-down was to be expected
                              True, but I wouldn't expect them, Buffalo or Anahiem to lose any given game.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• Sad news for the Gainey family
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X