• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Jim Brown

Best Running Back Ever!
    How do you know?

I'm 10 years older than you and I never saw him play.

While he may be the best ever, those of us who have never seen him really can't say that.

It's kinda like spitting out dogma, if you think about it.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Just because you've never seen someone play means you can't evaluate them . That's what numbers are for...

I mean if you have to see players to decide which are better, that eliminates like at least half of sports arguments .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just because you've never seen someone play means you can't evaluate them . That's what numbers are for...

I mean if you have to see players to decide which are better, that eliminates like at least half of sports arguments .
        If you look at the numbers, Brown doesn't really stack up that well, except in yard per attempt, which is, of course, a big one.

My favorite running back of all time to watch was Earl Campbell then Barry Sanders.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
          If you look at the numbers, Brown doesn't really stack up that well, except in yard per attempt, which is, of course, a big one.
          Ya think?

Also TDs per game I'd imagine is pretty high, eh?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Mercury Morris doesn't get enough credit, for one thing.
            The Tyler Rose wasn't around long either. Houston used him up. He was awesome.
            Dickerson. Once he set sail, he was gone.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Willie Gallimore.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Craig "Ironhead" Heyward

Comment

• Individual Records: Touchdowns

Records updated through the 2005 season
                  Most Seasons Leading League
                  8 Don Hutson, Green Bay, 1935-38, 1941-44
                  3 Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1958-59, 1963
                  Lance Alworth, San Diego, 1964-66
                  Emmitt Smith, Dallas, 1992, 1994-95
                  2 By many players
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Ya think?

Also TDs per game I'd imagine is pretty high, eh?
                    he didn't play that many years did he? Was it due to injury or did he just retire early?

He' have a lot more stats leads if he played longer.

Comment

• He retired early, by choice.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Jim Brown

From what film I've seen of him, he was on another level.

Barry Sanders' dad said JB was the best ever.
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• So, is anyone watching the game tonight?

My cable company doesn't carry the NFL network.

ACK!

Comment

• I saw bits of it, but have been working. Baltimore looked pathetic on offense.

Comment

• And some fantasy football "expert" was recommending Mark Clayton today in one of the Chicago area newspapers.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The Ravens won't make it past 1st round of playoffs, if they get there. File them under screwing up their next draft chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X