This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    Listening to the vastly pro-Chicago crowd in St. Louis tonight must be a real drag for the Rams...
    Yeah, especially now ... the last major foul call (the helmet hit on Curtis) was soundly booed, which made me laugh
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
      Devin Hester FTW!

So is he DROTY or what?
      It's doubtful. Those awards are given to one offensive player and one defensive player. Hester is neither. An occasional nickel back.

Offense: Vince Young, followed by Colston and Addai
      Defense: DeMeco Ryans, followed by maybe AJ Hawk.

I guess it's possible, but the reality is, they don't have an award for what this guy does.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
        grrr, this sucks. now bears fans will go back to thinking their team is good.

dis waiting for the inevitable. for someone to post the bears in an ultra large font.
        OK, Dis, just for you...
        THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well clearly they should give a SPROTY then

However, I think you have to believe he'll get SOME votes for DROTY at least, if not enough to win it. He's set an NFL (non rookie) record for most TDs on returns in a season, and has proven himself as clearly THE best returner in the game ... how many TDs did Marques Colston score? (BTW, I think Marques Colston will be a lock for OROTY unless Vince Young does something insane in the next few weeks, or unless Colston remains injured for the remainder of the season - he's been the best WR on the second best team in the NFC, and one of the keys to their success this year.)

Comment

• da BEARS!
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Bears

and every St. Louis TD was by a guy on my fantasy team
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• They used RB's more and Rams special teams blew junks. Bulger threw for 357 yards.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                  how many TDs did Marques Colston score?
                  Actually, Colston has 7 TDs on the year, along with 59 receptions and 917 yards receiving. And that is in 11 games, as he missed the last two.

Btw, I do agree with you on the Offensive Rookie of the Year.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Snoopy, that's just wrong. Vince Young has already wrapped up the award. He's 6-4 with a crap team as a rookie QB, a far more challenging assignment than Colston faces -- one cog of an offense that just keeps chugging along while he's hurt. (THose missed games will hurt him with voters as well.)

In fact, Colston would probably finish 2nd in the voting -- on his own team -- after Reggie Bush (who might catch 100 passes). Colston is a great story, but being a 7th round pick does not get him bonus points.

Comment

• Adding Brees, Bush and Colston does wonders for an offense.
                      And Brees could get Comeback Player award.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I hardly think the Titans are a crap team, they're just not a well managed one

Being a seventh round pick does nothing for him. What does, is that he's made more of a difference than Reggie Bush in winning games. Up until the last two games, he's made a far greater difference in winning games than Reggie; and Reggie's a RB, which means he SHOULD make a bigger difference than a WR. 7 TDs and nearly 1000 yards receiving already makes him in the top ranks of WRs ... OVERALL ... makes him a pretty solid choice. Sure, Vince is doing well, but he's not nearly in the top ranks of QBs at the moment. Colston is in the top ranks of WRs. That's all that matters in my book.

Comment

• I'm with snoopy here. Colston has been more impressive than Young so far. Bush is actually 2nd for me, above Young, if he can continue on what he has done the last couple weeks.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Bush isn't really a RB, unless you want to call him an H-Back or Scatback.

Comment

• But he's still a force to be accounted for by defenses. He's kind of a flanker-RB. Scatback works for me.

Comment

• Sure, but he has 250 less receiving yards than Colston, and the same number of TDs, despite being a RB (who score more TDs in general).

Addai and Maurice Jones-Drew are both probably going to argue that they should have a chance, but I think Colston takes it if he continues over the next few games to be successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X