Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well - it means that some England games will get held at The Grove meantime, which will be a nice bit of income. Who knows, Wenger might even be able to buy a player.

Comment

He could even buy Vieira back.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Probably better to let ManU pay too much though.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

It's been a while since we had any of this sort of thing ...
        Attached Files

Comment

Beavis : Your mother's a slut, Butthead.
          Butthead : Shuddup, fartknocker {WHACK!}

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
            He could even buy Vieira back.
            I wish. Oh well, we've got a Ghanain defender on loan, apparantly.

Comment

I see that Arsenal have signed Vincent van den Berg (from SC Heerenveen).

Locutus, can you tell me anything about this attacking midfielder?

Comment

Interesting... Leeds' chairman Ken Bates reports his former club, Chelsea, for tapping up players.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Who have Leeds got that any Premiership team would want?

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    I see that Arsenal have signed Vincent van den Berg (from SC Heerenveen).

Locutus, can you tell me anything about this attacking midfielder?
                    Never heard of him. I remember reading about that transfer on Dutch teletext a while ago and thinking: Who?

So I very much doubt he's played more than a handful of matches for Heerenveen's first team. Why Arsenal would want him is beyond me -- is he a very young player perhaps? In terms of the youth football I only follow the national teams from around U19 upwards, so if he's much younger than that he might be an upcoming talent Arsenal sees more in than the coaches of the 'older' Dutch national youth teams (of course, we have a lot of youthful talent so the competition is stiff).
                    Last edited by Locutus; August 2, 2006, 14:08.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• ****ing UEFA!!

LONDON, Aug 2 (Reuters) - UEFA gave AC Milan a reluctant go-ahead on Wednesday to play in this season's Champions League, but only after heavily criticising the club for its part in the Serie A match-fixing scandal.

Yeah, 'heavily criticising' Milan was a suitable punishment for picking refs. If it wasn't Milan, I bet, UEFA would have found a way to ban them from competition.

WTG, UEFA, slap on the wrists are so effective after all!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• It seems the UEFA these days is only interested in the commercial aspect of the game In recent years they let Liverpool in the CL against all regulations and Internazionale and now Milan get a slap on the wrist despite hooligianism and fraud respectively. 10-15 years ago theose things wouldn't have happened, and if they had happened to a Polish team or whatever you can bet your arse they wouldn't have come off so well...

Comment

• Well, I guess we know who runs who, right?

Comment

• Well I distinctly recall all English teams being banned from European competition after the disgraceful actions of a few "Liverpool fans", so it would appear that the boot is on the other foot now. at both.

Comment

• Edit: Wrong thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                                Never heard of him. I remember reading about that transfer on Dutch teletext a while ago and thinking: Who?

So I very much doubt he's played more than a handful of matches for Heerenveen's first team. Why Arsenal would want him is beyond me -- is he a very young player perhaps?
                                Le Boss likes signing young players who no-one has heard of. Who was Kolo Toure? Emanuelle Eboue? Alexander Hleb? Cesc Fabregas?

Yet these guys got to a Champions League final. As we say round these parts ... "Arsene Knows."

Comment

Working...
                                X