Do we really need Gondor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we really need Gondor?

Seriously, they're quite lacking in cavalry support for a medieval empire. Lord Denethor is pretty well bonkers and lacks true legitimacy, and nobody believes Minas Tirith's defenses can hold up to Sauron. Might as well give up the whole country as lost and let them flee to the hills to buy time for another, and more competent country.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

The problem is that without Gondor almost certainly Mordor will end up directly ruling everything east of the sea.

Comment

I for one, welcome our new Mordorian overlords.

Sauron is the kind of leader who gets things done.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
        I for one, welcome our new Mordorian overlords.

Sauron is the kind of leader who gets things done.
        Such as what? Sauron seems to have failed at every project he's ever pursued and after his pathetic Orc hordes his human slaves always pay the hefty price for those failures. If Gondor is eliminated and Sauron unifies everything east of the Sea do you really think he'll refrain from provoking another massive war with the Powers of Valar after that?

Comment

Is this one of those threads that compares Russia to Mordor?

If so, Russia plays that game much better.

(The whole thing is pretty great, but if you just want to jump to exactly what I mean, go to about 16 minutes in and let it play.)

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Wait the guy in the vid thinks it's cool to be Mordor? I mean it's the evil side which lost...
            Blah

Comment

The guy who wrote that particular piece of pulp fiction apparently thought so. And also screwing orc women to improve the orc species.

With full approval of the Russian government.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
              X