• Time
  • Show
Clear All

if only the prisoners at dachau had given germany a black eye like on oct 7

Comment

hamas makes palestine suffer

qatar makes palestine suffer

and antisemitic internet trolls are their free PR

Three of the terror group’s most senior figures are able fly private and relax in safety in the tiny emirate — a key US ally — while enjoying an $11bn fortune between them.

Comment

and the real radical left is all in

The push for complete animal liberation has skyrocketed in Israel—and in the global Jewish community in general—so what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by WigIaf View Post
          hamas makes palestine suffer

qatar makes palestine suffer

and antisemitic internet trolls are their free PR

https://nypost.com/2023/11/07/news/h...ives-in-qatar/
          Israel is also helping.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I was watching a map and discovered that Iran was like half of europe.

Pretty sure that israel exitst because it serves US interests, it's cold but I dot thnk religious vandals play any role in politics.

I was amazed at how huge iran is. israel exists just because of US deterence

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              I was watching a map and discovered that Iran was like half of europe.

Pretty sure that israel exitst because it serves US interests, it's cold but I dot thnk religious vandals play any role in politics.

I was amazed at how huge iran is. israel exists just because of US deterence
              Dude. There are 16 countries larger than Iran. Russia is over 11 times larger than Iran and even the US is 6 times larger. Europe is small and European countries in general are small. Israel is certainly very small. a puny little country surrounded by larger historically hostile countries. It has held them at bay with minimal US assistance at least twice. If the US aid added to deterrence it wasn't decisive.

Comment

I am pretty sure it is decisive.

US is a major arms dealer.

Turkey is pulling at its tits shouting that the US is selling f35s to Greece (did I say that correctly? some kind of planes)

Israel exists becuase it serves cold pure geostrategic US interests.

THe minute is ceases to, it's *puff* gone

Comment

and yeah some might say hey look jews were massacred in europe

6 ,million dead in a holocaust

germany practising industrial scale genocide on jews, never done before

yada yada yada

the minute ISrael ceases to serve US interests, it's gone

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

which goes a long way to explain why accusations of genocide are particularly absurd in this case. it would take way, *way* faster civilian death rates to match the Gazan residents natural increase rate (about 61 thousand surplus births per year) let alone exterminate them on a timescale Israel could hope to commit to. Israel is committing and through negligence permitting potential war crimes to occur to achieve its unrealistic war objective (destroy Hamas and find all hostages in Gaza). We should hold Israel to account for that and pressure them to do it in an acceptable way. We sure as hell should not be characterizing it as "genocide" if we want Israelis to take us and what we have to say to them at all seriously.
                    Basically your main argument against it being called genocide is that Israeli is doing it 'too slowly'?

Though no one seems to be denying that Israeli has killed vastly more civilians than the Russians in a third of the time...👍
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

At first it's hard to recognize them. They're usually wearing Israeli army uniforms, many of them are in their 20s, and they're always with Israeli soldiers of various ranks.

But if you look more closely, you see that most of them are wearing sneakers, not army boots. And their hands are cuffed behind their backs and their faces are full of fear. The soldiers call each of them a shawish, an obscure Arabic word of Turkish origin meaning sergeant.​

Soldiers choose Gazans for the missions and bring them to the brigades and battalions operating in the Strip. "There is pride in it," said a source who took part in some of the "locating" work.

"The senior ranks know about it," the source said. The army has played innocent despite footage shown on Al Jazeera about two months ago. Israeli soldiers can be seen dressing Palestinian detainees in uniforms and flak jackets, putting cameras on them and sending them into badly damaged houses and tunnel entrances with their hands bound by plastic ties.​

Totally normal country

Comment

The Israeli state:

Purveyors of apartheid/ethnic cleansing/genocide since 1948...

So true that it rhymes 👍

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

Basically your main argument against it being called genocide is that Israeli is doing it 'too slowly'?

Though no one seems to be denying that Israeli has killed vastly more civilians than the Russians in a third of the time...👍
                          yes Israel is not demonstrating intent to commit genocide in large measure by killing civilians much much slower than the rate of natural increase of the population.. I don't doubt that Ukraine and Israel might both claim that Russia has killed more civilians than Israel had. All of the numbers everyone else would use in the comparison come from Hamas.

How is Israel being anymore "genocidal" than the Russians? What kinds of attacks do you claim Israel is making upon the Gazan civilians which Russia is not making upon Ukrainian civilians? It's certainly true that the Gaza strip is orders of magnitude more densely populated than the Ukrainian battlefields. the Gazan strip is the base that Hamas chose to launch its 7th October attack on Israel from. I hope you're not claiming that whether or not a state is engaged in genocide is simply a matter of absolute numbers of civilians killed?

Comment

Here's a thought question: what would the Israelis do to the Palestinians if they weren't 100% reliant on the US, well, Biden the self avowed Zionist in particular...?

Think about it. Really think about it, honestly...

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                              Here's a thought question: what would the Israelis do to the Palestinians if they weren't 100% reliant on the US, well, Biden the self avowed Zionist in particular...?

Think about it. Really think about it, honestly...
                              I suppose they'd send the IDF to 'destroy' Hamas in Gaza. What do you think they'd do?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                                Uncle Sparky commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Wait 6 months and see.
                            Working...
                            X