Who should be Harris' VP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WigIaf View Post
    A DUI is bad and speaks ill of his character, but if he's been sober since and never had any more trouble, that's good, but I nevertheless object to the framing I've seen in some places that Walz's DUI mugshot makes him look cool. No. Don't valorize drinking and driving. That's bad.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah. It's respectable that he quit alcohol, not that he had a DUI.

It's also funny that Republicans, whose presidential candidate is an actual convicted felon, think this is an avenue to pursue.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yeah, but those are fake felonies using laws that only apply to people who've done the bad thing specified by the law.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I don't like how democrats pick people that fit into a meme of idealism of character type

The VP candidate is standing out from the political crowd with his fatherly aura, and social media is loving it.

"big dad energy"

yuck

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Yeah, but those are fake felonies using laws that only apply to people who've done the bad thing specified by the law.
            one of the "charges" against trump was the notion that he inflated his personal net worth against the sacred American rule of law, that does no wrong

the man has a brand going back decades that means Billionaire and was America's Sweetheart on NBC (the liberal media)

prosecutors did a very poor job of not campaigning against him instead of just prosecuting him

Comment

The inflating his net worth bit was for a civil judgment against him, not his felony convictions. But the argument there was his inflated worth got him lower interest rates than he deserved, which defrauded the banks (and down the line, those banks' customers) he was doing business with. Trump's obviously been been a shady businessman for decades. I don't have the expertise to say whether his practices were shady enough for liability in any particular instance, but a court thought so.

Comment

it was a weak and heavily partisan prosecution that accomplished didley ****

Comment

i'm super happy that democrats have a blank forever check granting them The Right to tell antisemitic palestine lovers to **** off

https://imgur.com/DQJxYXZ
                  ​

Comment

dp

Comment

I think pushing the arms embargo is great politics because she won't ever do it because she doesn't believe in letting Jews die

and then the process gets gunked up by the vitriol of protestors shouting antisemitic slogans

perf.

Comment

many americans have some form of retirement linked to investments

is walz out of touch because "he doesn't"

Comment

many americans have some form of retirement linked to investments

is walz out of touch because "he doesn't"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...isc-rcna165737
                          He just has a state pension because he was a teacher. Most of those invest in stocks/bonds.

Only ~20% of USians own stocks directly. Another ~40% have retirement investments (since there's no universal pension system in the US).
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

democrats are a looney party obsessed with weird identity politics

i'm not voting specifically because of stupid **** like this

With the selection of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, Vice President Harris continues a trend that has risen out of her run for president: clearing the way for men to identify with their gender as they vote.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                              -Jrabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So you got up on your soapbox to tell us you're not participating in the election?
                              Also, I would argue that the GOP "anti-woke culture wars" approach is every bit as craptastic as DEM "identity politics". Both are mostly convenient ways to sidestep any discussion of actual policy issues by substituting mindless demonization of the other side.

democrats are a looney party obsessed with weird identity politics

i'm not voting specifically because of stupid **** like this

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/08/g-s1-...des-for-harris
                            Good for you, go stick it to the man!
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

You could vote for Mr. dead bear cub brainworm guy, it'd be in-character.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                              X