Trump screwing up the globe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump screwing up the globe

even the idea that he is getting closer to a dictatorhsip of the US has already emboldened his little friend erdogan and turkey put out 5 military ships (that were masked discreetely by subs rafels and just two military ships from greece) in the aegean

see how trumpie the dictaror dumbass emboldens all his friends? if he wins a greek turkish war or at least incident is certain. and russia will invade more countries

oh and probably iran will nuke israel and the world would be well duh

I just learned that Trump is something of a fan of Hannibal *frigging* Lecter

Unless the following is made up by the MSM:

The former president continues to bring up the fictional killer at rallies. Anthony Hopkins is ‘appalled’ while everyone else remains confused …
    Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      The Donald, who is very smart, knows the book/movie 'Soilent Green' was set in 2022. He will make sure this glorious future is realized, even if sleepy Brandon missed the date by a couple of years.

the Fall from Grace is a typical trope

sounds like 90's syndrome of clintonian type mentality where we were this great democracy that could've gotten screwed up to begin with

talk about jim crow
    what year did the US achieve the grace it could fall from

and the globe
    what a hell hole
    a historic hell hole
    then 1945
    still a commie hell hole
    europe has a lot of work to do "freedom" wise

Comment

Yet Obama and Pelosi picked their next puppet. And somehow Trump is the threat to democracy. You sheep are almost adorable.

Comment

Blah blah blah... Talk about puppets, how about the whole maga movement. They believe any lie Trump tells them
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Please explain blah blah blah. Where is the democracy there? Imagine if Trump just picked his successor... with no vote. You would be foaming at the mouth ming. Please. Go away.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought a VP was to take over in the event a president is incapacitated...
            I thought Trump chose a new VP to serve if Trump is re-elected, even though his old VP survived the mob hit Trump put out on him.
            I also understand Harris has the majority of the Democratic nomination votes, so will be their nominee.
            I realize the US has a silly system, but both parties seem to be following the rules.
            Maybe Biden can use his new Supreme Court powers to change the rules? Democrats can use regular or mail in ballots, but all Republicans must vote in person (the GOP have been against mail in ballots) at a special poll in Nome, Alaska. (Let's see Mrs. Clarence Thomas organize that!)

Gee... last time I checked, there will be a VOTE for her at the Democratic Convention, and then the people get to vote in November. Democracy in action.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
            Please explain blah blah blah. Where is the democracy there?
            You can vote for whomever you like. That's democracy. Who a club decides it would like people to vote for is unrelated to democracy. Rather, that's the freedom of association and expression guaranteed by the First Amendment.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

You can vote for whomever you like. That's democracy. Who a club decides it would like people to vote for is unrelated to democracy. Rather, that's the freedom of association and expression guaranteed by the First Amendment.
              Especially so long as the US remains a defacto duopoly I would still prefer for both the Republicans and the Democrats to have as transparent and democratic process for selecting their candidates as possible. Given how many Americans live in locations where there is almost no chance of any serious opposition to the locally dominant party candidate in any of their election I would have thought there would be broad and impassioned consensus on this point.

I'm definitely disappointed that Biden didn't see the writing on the wall before the candidate selection process was underway. What resulted was definitely far less democratic than either that process would have been or the Republican process that paralleled it was.

Comment

You don't want a two party system, get rid of first past the post voting. You want the parties' internal deliberations to be more democratic, join one and convince other members that's a good idea.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You don't want a two party system, get rid of first past the post voting.
                  I 100% totally agree.

You want the parties' internal deliberations to be more democratic, join one and convince other members that's a good idea.
                  Wouldn't this be a bit like saying that if someone living in the PRC is unhappy with how the CCP candidates are selected that they should just join the CCP and convince the CCP that reform would be a good idea? It ends up seeming less like a helpful suggestion and more like a dismissal of the problem with the onus being laid upon any critic who has to live with the consequences of the status quo rather than on the party that has an entrenched unassailable official monopoly on power to address the problem.
                  Last edited by Geronimo; July 30, 2024, 20:33. Reason: a little duplication there

Comment

Again, parties exist through freedom of association and freedom of expression. Beyond armed rebellion, what do you imagine a solution could be to the problem of... a group of people getting together and deciding amongst themselves whom they'd like to suggest other people vote for?

Comment

Again, parties exist through freedom of association and freedom of expression. Beyond armed rebellion, what do you imagine a solution could be to the problem of... a group of people getting together and deciding amongst themselves whom they'd like to suggest other people vote for?
                      self-regulation. I judge the Republican party and the Democrat party when they fail to advocate for application of democratic principles in their party organization and executing their party procedures. I also insist that nobody else should given them a pass for straying from these principles simply because they are private parties. To me that would be like giving a white supremacist country club a pass because of free association rights. Democracy is a set of values that I insist that US political parties should adhere to and materially support. when they fall short everyone should rub their noses in it.

Comment

Sounds like you should join one and try to convince them to change their behavior.

Comment

I'm not sure that joining either makes sense to me and I don't think that only those who do so or are willing to do so have standing to criticize either party or would even necessarily be more effective in such criticism if they did

Comment

Working...
                          X