Is SNW the best Star Trek evah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

"Move Along Home" would like to have a word.
    "Grey 13 is Missing" is chuckling in the corner.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
      Look, I love babylon 5, but the acting is kind of weak and the story is interesting but all over the place(season 5 is particularly weak). The loss of so many characters hurts it a lot too. Deep Space 9 is quality all the way through to the end, and although I think the main story is slightly less compelling the characters are better. (Quark, Dukat, Garak, Bashir, Dax, Worf)
      Season 4 plotlines were rushed and Season 5 was all over the place due to the network telling JMS that there would be no Season 5. So he wrapped up all the loose ends in one season instead of two. But the first three seasons were head and shoulders above anything Star Trek was doing.

I enjoy DS9 but it lacks the gritty realism of B5 both in terms of setting and in the characters. DS9s characters were engaging but cartoonish.

And if you think DS9 was quality start to finish, you need to rewatch the first season. It was mediocre at best and awful a lot of the time. Later seasons made up for it but DS9 had it's share of turkey episodes.

Of course, the proper order of ST shows is TNG, OS, DS9, ENT, VOY, and then the unspeakables.
      There is a large drop between DS9 and ENT. There is an even bigger drop down to V'ger which I found unwatchable. The whole crew are a bunch of annoying douchebages and listening to Janeway's voice is like using sandpaper on my nutsac.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

what the hell is SNW

Comment

Dyslexic New South Wales.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Silly N00b Whale
            Blah

Comment

I've started watching it, so far it's not overwhelming (S1E3).

Comment

It's a trap.
                Blah

Comment

Thank you Admiral Akbar.

Too many shows mentioned for pronouns.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                  X