No announcement yet.

Are there too many elections this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there too many elections this year?

Think about them poor trolls, have to readjust all the time to those various national hotbutton issues

However I'm doin' my voting part tomorrow in the Eurotubbieparliamentthing

India just had one, but we'll also get a surprise reenactment of "Born on the 4th July" this yr, but as UK edition.

And of course the US one. Plus a whole lot I have forgotten now. Just sayin'.

Even Russia couldn't resist, tho I hear Putin is still filing lawsuits since he thinks it was all rigged or somesuch

Voting

Blah

I've studied the leaflets there are more than 30 parties taking part in the election. I know which to vote for and plus I know which candidates from that political party I will vote for. Because we have a "cross" system and you put a little cross next to the name of the candidate and the party leader is obliged to choose the people who got the most crosses. He cant just say my party won and I'll place whoever I want in the europarliement.

Those that say voting doesnmt matter should go live in bangladesh (maybe it is great there, I dont kn0w)

Comment

Macron just decided to add to your tally.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I'd have pref'ed Scholz to call one, but oh well
        Blah

Comment

None of my candidates got elected

Excellent

Comment

Did you how in france all the left wingers coalitioned to stand up to the front national?

pretty neat.

here it is so fragmented it's a joke

also I thought scholz was christian democratc like merkel.

so far the far right in in power in hungary italy and it has a very strong presence in scandinavia.

the whole of europe is drifting to the far right. and in the US you have trump.

at least it will be funny if the world gets screwed

we have lived the longest peaceful time in european history so we had a good run

Comment

Ger and Fra had a shift to the demago....cough...populist folks on the left/right fringes. :HappyPutin:

Otoh overall they are still minorities, despite all the noise.

Blah

Comment

I think the EU is so embedded now it is impossible to back track.

And indeed maybe the fringes are so far marginal (as their name suggest) but they are growing.

Thankfully none of the euros is so dumb as the anglos to scapegoat all their problems to the EU so there is at least that protection.

Comment

Working...
                X