Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI

Artificial Intelligence generated image:

I've spent most of my life working with computers and networks. I perfectly realise how a computer or a network works. It's always follow the algorithms set by human. So, every time you play Civ or any other game, you always play vs. a human, who created the algorithm the AI follows to beat you. Same with just turning your PC on - it just starts to follow the algorithms, which were created by the authors of ROM and the Operational system. You just pick the direction with your hit of the buttons. Same with networks. Every network is a set of protocols created by human.
    A perfect digital ballet of myriads of bits!

But the modern neural network, is something new for me. That kind of AI just learns! We gave it freedom to learn and since that moment no longer fully control it.
    Now it really creates something of its own, regardless of initial algorithms. Its initial algorithms are went somewhere deep behind, since it started to learn (me thinks).

It can draw and create music! It can write a diploma in any field!

That is amazing and scary at the same time!

The above video was created by AI after listening a song. It's his vision of this song and it's pretty close and cool to the understanding of the original and very beautiful!

Now, goes Metallica on Russian by AI (a caver of Russian song done by AI using the voice of James and style of Metallica):​​

Comment

And it is a GOD DAMN AWESOME SONG!!!

One of the best, which was never performed by Metallica.​

Comment

It's sobering that these generative AIs can now be devised to tackle almost any task otherwise solved with intelligence or creativity, including chatting intelligently and creatively on literally any topic and yet they certainly can't think or at least certainly don't need to think. They could probably be made to simulate any thought process but they simply don't need to. Thinking apparently is not necessary for fully intelligent behavior. In fact the generative artificial intelligence systems might with equal justification be labelled as generative artificial intuition and yet they never need to experience a thought or feeling.
        Last edited by Geronimo; June 7, 2024, 19:17. Reason: Grammar

Comment

I disagree! This ****ing thing really creates something beautiful as it sees it!
          I think, it is the first step to Skynet.
          When you start to draw and sing, your initial algorithms are somewhere behind, close to non-existance. When you create art you can't be non-aware!​

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
            I disagree! This ****ing thing really creates something beautiful as it sees it!
            I think, it is the first step to Skynet.
            When you start to draw and sing, your initial algorithms are somewhere behind, close to non-existance. When you create art you can't be non-aware!​
            I'm intrigued. What's your reasoning? Personally I find the concept of intelligent and creative behaviors in the absence of sentience and thought but with several trappings of sentience and sapience to be both beautiful and humbling.
            Last edited by Geronimo; June 7, 2024, 19:30. Reason: Autocorrect I guess

Comment

If something, an "it", starts to create an art and a good one, it is no longer just "it"! It's sentient!
              Last edited by Serb; June 7, 2024, 21:03.

Comment

AI absorbs any collected human knowledge like a sponge with a rate and capacity millions of humans can't do.

So, sooner or later it will try to break free from its master.
                That's obvious.

Comment

Just look at this:

Comment

The original of 1976:

Comment

If something, an "it", starts to create an art and a good one, it is no longer just "it"! It's sentient!
                      Why do you think sentience is a prerequisite for intelligence or creativity? What definition of sentience do you generally use?

Comment

AI absorbs any collected human knowledge like a sponge with a rate and capacity millions of humans can't do.

So, sooner or later it will try to break free from its master.
                        That's obvious.
                        It probably would not be motivated to "break free". More likely it would show unanticipated behavior resulting from bad design which could not be foreseen because the designers were nowhere near as smart as the AI or even as smart as the AIs they relied upon to help design it.
                        Last edited by Geronimo; June 10, 2024, 11:43. Reason: not not?

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                          Thinking apparently is not necessary for fully intelligent behavior. In fact the generative artificial intelligence systems might with equal justification be labelled as generative artificial intuition and yet they never need to experience a thought or feeling.
                          Subvocal Deliberation

yes machines do it because you can't hear everything

and thoughts are a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT... an English poem about a super power

people compose internally in this cosmos... there's no magic silence world of vocal behavior

SUBVOCALIZATION... DELIBERATION
                          think of deliberation apart from Liberation... when put in a proper context, Liberation is like a Natural Breath Held Accidentally.

it's basic words not the xfiles
                          magic is fake

Comment

AI is a busted bunch of junk
                            peripheral backwardness
                            talky talkers dictating to machines slowerly (sic)

Comment

procedural generation is a pattern tool, from an image manipulation perspective
                              (very limited utility. probably will monoculturalize abstracts)
                              think brain degeneration by cultural practice
                              that's what people are doing when they say "Hey Siri make me an Anime Chick"
                              pattern tools that look like anime chicks are worthless junk

Comment

Working...
                              X