The Mandalorian gets a big movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mandalorian gets a big movie

It's on the intarweb. Let's hope they don't mess things up this time, like in the last trilogy.
    Blah

Stars Wars died when they introduced Ewoks.
    "

Comment

they fired that hot chick

Comment

FWIW they offed pal putin before.
        Blah

Comment

I'm too lazy to dig for the old movie thread, so I'm using this one.

I finally decided to stream the last Indiana Jones movie last week - and was mightily disappointed. Not that I expected a masterpiece, but IMO it was even below the Crystal Skull thing, which has a lot of flaws but at least felt ok at times.

Now the recent one was apparently the most expensive indie ever, but apart from a few sequences it didn't show. There was plenty of action, which was routined, but never great, thrilling or spectacular, and same goes for humour, dialogues or emotional moments.

RIP Indy.
          Blah

Comment

On the plus side I recently watched Guillermo del Toro​'s 2021er Nightmare Alley, and liked it a lot.

It's not a huge, blockbuster type of movie, but I loved the film noir stuff, even if it was in color

​
            Blah

Comment

Watching 2nd Season of ST Strange New Worlds these days, and enjoying it immensely, like the 1st

/cents
              Blah

Comment

Star wars movie ranking:
                Empire
                New Hope
                Return of the Jedi
                Solo
                Rogue1
                force Awakens
                Revenge of Sith
                Last Jedi
                Rise of Skywalker
                Phantom
                Attack of the Clones
                "

Comment

Originally posted by BeBMan View Post
                  I'm too lazy to dig for the old movie thread, so I'm using this one.

I finally decided to stream the last Indiana Jones movie last week - and was mightily disappointed. Not that I expected a masterpiece, but IMO it was even below the Crystal Skull thing, which has a lot of flaws but at least felt ok at times.

Now the recent one was apparently the most expensive indie ever, but apart from a few sequences it didn't show. There was plenty of action, which was routined, but never great, thrilling or spectacular, and same goes for humour, dialogues or emotional moments.

RIP Indy.
                  I really like the new Indiana Jones. Nothing felt tired or cheesy. Struck all the right notes. I wasn't expecting spectacular action, Indy is like 80 years old. To me at least it seemed like it ended the series on a high note.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Going for Dune pt 2 monday. Take that, Harkonnen!
                    Blah

Comment

Was pretty cool, but despite all the visual grandeur which is breathtaking at times it did not quite impress me as much as the 1st part - maybe because the whole world building/style thingie was new then.

OTOH still easily one of the best scifi blockbusters of recent yrs IMO.

Oh and they left the door wide open for another part. I wouldn't complain 'bout that.
                      Last edited by BeBMan; March 5, 2024, 14:22. Reason: yup
                      Blah

Comment

That Winnie the Pooh thing won the wurst movie award

Every year around Oscars time, when the greatest in cinema is celebrated, an alternative awards ceremony is held that singles out the worst – the Razzie Awards.
                        Blah

Comment

Watched the Oppenthingie. I think it's a good movie, but as expected rather heavy stuff. At the start you need t get used to the hopping back-and-forth in time, then it's often thriller-like. Overall despite its undoubted qualities it's (IMO) one of those movies where watching feels like doing work at times though.
                          Blah

Comment

I read hey'll do a new Naked Gun movie, with Liam Neeson now. Not sure if he can do this role as great as Leslie Nielsen

Otoh since Cruise made another Top Gun movie it's high time for a new Hot Shots too!
                            Blah

Comment

Working...
                            X