Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• american musings (about food)

As a human person i firmly and personaklly believe we must eat

now in nyc like 1/3 of all recoomendations are about greek cuisine. I'm not interested in that. there is also italian but apart from the one dollar pizza slice, I donm't care about it because it is next door. Nore do i care about arabian for similar reasons.

BUT there are BAGELS. now the problem is that everyone is saying this is the best bagel shop in NYC, I have so far found 5 best spots. I will try them all but if I won't have time which?

Now, I love mexican cuisine and BOY will I be in the right continent (I was about to say condiment) now I have those pinned down. all the tacos what have you baby

Now, also there are big jewish neighborhoods in NY (shaloooooooooooom) that make an amazing PASTRAMI sanduich of which I will humbly partake, another one pinned down

and then there is the american food which is hamburgers.

I will return 10 kilos fatter for sure. They'll charge me mor on my way back

i know there is also asian cuisie BUT I DONT TRUST IT

but maybe I will make an exception. thailand maybe

also there are these districts in NYC

there is manhattan. the be all do all.
    there is queens, must be some ultra multicultural thing like the center of athens,
    there is brooklyn. we all know brookklyn from movies. no idea what it really is

there is staten or smoething like that in the south'

and there is brnox. you should not go to bronx

Comment

also chinese made phones don't work in the US

good thing I don't trust them and don't have one

Comment

you also have empire state building the rock the edge another one with some weird german name

only will choose one

OH and maybe Ii'll be able to book a crown visit to the statue of liberty

Comment

Tex-Mex for the win!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I will deeeeefinitely honour this....!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Tex-Mex for the win!
              Yes, you'll probably find a lot more tex-mex rather than Mexican food in NYC, even if branded as Mexican. It's a different thing but it's still amazing, try it.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                As a human person i firmly and personaklly believe we must eat

now in nyc like 1/3 of all recoomendations are about greek cuisine. I'm not interested in that. there is also italian but apart from the one dollar pizza slice, I donm't care about it because it is next door. Nore do i care about arabian for similar reasons.

BUT there are BAGELS. now the problem is that everyone is saying this is the best bagel shop in NYC, I have so far found 5 best spots. I will try them all but if I won't have time which?

Now, I love mexican cuisine and BOY will I be in the right continent (I was about to say condiment) now I have those pinned down. all the tacos what have you baby

Now, also there are big jewish neighborhoods in NY (shaloooooooooooom) that make an amazing PASTRAMI sanduich of which I will humbly partake, another one pinned down

and then there is the american food which is hamburgers.

I will return 10 kilos fatter for sure. They'll charge me mor on my way back
                I wish you'd try the Greek cuisine billed as "authentic" in NYC so you could tell us how much credibility that has. Maybe I can have the privilege of dining on Greek cuisine in Greece again before I die but I imagine my palate would be less discerning than yours for that comparison.

Comment

All food is adapted to local conditions. The ingredients differ and the palate preferences of the customers differ.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

pchang!

please propose to me 3 chinese dishes you would recommend. nothing with fish please.

think street food/ quick diners like I can get in china town.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

I wish you'd try the Greek cuisine billed as "authentic" in NYC so you could tell us how much credibility that has. Maybe I can have the privilege of dining on Greek cuisine in Greece again before I die but I imagine my palate would be less discerning than yours for that comparison.
                    I'm sorry but with so many choices, I'm not going to try my own food. Maybe I will try once somewhere? but really I'll jsut be dissapointed. And again there are so many choices.
                    I've laughed and cried when abroad (in europe) and coming across so called greek food.

edit: I'm sure there must be some places that approximate the authenticity of the food more than others. but that would take a whole trip on its own to discover it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                      pchang!

please propose to me 3 chinese dishes you would recommend. nothing with fish please.

think street food/ quick diners like I can get in china town.
                      Mongolian Chicken
                      Orange Chicken
                      Combination Fried Rice
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• N35t0r
                        N35t0r commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pffff, Mongolian chicken is clearly not Chinese

• pchang
                        pchang commented
                        Editing a comment
                        All 3 dishes are perfect examples of how food is adapted for local ingredients and palates.

pchang, thanks!

sloww, are you chinese? and do you try to kill me with overeating? and thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X