Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how quick are internal US flight board times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how quick are internal US flight board times?

let's say you want to go from athens to crete (and you're from the EU)

dam bam baram

5 minutes walking through the check done

if you're not from the EU maybe (MAYBE) it's longer

then again I remember gpoing through the UK noone gave a damn if I was from the UK or not. almost no checks at all. drinking beer at 10 o'clock and eating at burger king yes, checks no

so, in the US let's say I want to fly fro NYC to New Orleans.

DO I have to go through all those checks again (I care about the time spend) because I'm not an american citizen?

or is it wam dam bam, quick

if I have to spend 2 hours being stoic might as well take the bus

Comment

When you arrive to the US you will have to go through customs. This can easily take an hour.

If you are on a domestic flight and need to catch another flight, they usually try to give you an hour, but if the flight you were on was late you might have to run (I have done this often). At a big airport it can take over 30 minutes to get from one side to another.

If you are arriving to the airport (not connecting) at a non-busy time, for a domestic flight, you can probably get through security and board in less than an hour (even ~30 minutes). You might have to run though (I have done this many times). However, sometimes security can be really messed up. If you are late they usually let you to the front of the line, but still, I like to give a little extra time if it isn't at a known non-busy time to make the experience easy. However, when I flew every week I would just come in running, often.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hmmm ok thanks for the information. that doesn't seem too bad. half to one hour

thing is the internal US flights are very cheap. almost the same price as buses often cheaper than trains

Comment

I want to savour east side coutnryside nature and will take a bus or train to my destination however seeing as american distances are mingboggling I will do that on my way back only.

Comment

I will go with plane and return with bus or train otherwise I'll reach retirement age while on the bus

Comment

I will not make a transit plane flight. FIrst I will come nice and easy with my transatlantic flight relax drink some manhattans at manhattan and then some days later after seeing a lot of NYC I want to go the JFK early in the morning and take a plane to some other destinations. So from the point I enter the JFK to boarding the plane is what i care about. If it's half to one hour, that's ok I think. Again distances are out of whack from what I'm used to so flyign at least when going seems very wise, time wise

Comment

BTW I wasn't the one drinking beer at the o 'clock in the morning in the UK ariport. it was eeveryone else. I was drinking coffee. I was so european like a sore thumb. everyone was super nice though. It would have been better if north english language could be udnerstood by non north english people then I would know what went with the smile

Comment

I've been wondering how to pay tribute to Pekka.,

I will take with me a small finish flag and lay it down somehere on american soil

no idea about anything more

Comment

Do not take buses from one city to another in the US. Distances (thus travel times) are far longer than you think.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Indeed I have come to realize that. It takes almost two Greeces to reach from NYC to niagara falls in buffalo.

planes it is.

unless on the way back I can take the bus and just sleep through the night,

But yeah distances are huge and plane tickets are very cheap

Comment

I just find it rediculous to board a plane to go from one city to another but I am thinking OLD WORLD distances

darn it

Comment

I have heard good things about train travel between Boston, New York and DC.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

US is huge you need months to cover it

sigh

but when I heard of a city named buffalo

I mean, You have to go

but yeah also boston (where it seems I have family - not by blood)

and washington

anyway and NYC is huge

Comment

Anyway noone said I have to go only once

Comment

Working...
                              X