So ChatGPT 4 with Browsing Beta has problems accessing Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ChatGPT 4 with Browsing Beta has problems accessing Apolyton

I was playing around with ChatGPT 4 with browsing. It wouldn't work with Apolyton. Here is what it described as the issues.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share an issue that I've been experiencing while trying to access Apolyton.net, a popular site for the Civilization game community. When attempting to visit the site, I've encountered consistent difficulties which prevent me from accessing the content.

The problem occurs regardless of whether I try to access the site via HTTP or HTTPS. When I attempt to open the site, it results in a timeout error, indicating that the page isn't responding within the expected time frame. This has been consistent across multiple attempts and at different times, suggesting an ongoing issue.

Unfortunately, this problem also prevents me from viewing any specific pages within the site, including the forums. Any attempt to view individual threads or posts also results in an error, indicating that the page failed to fetch.

I'm not sure if this is a temporary issue with the site's server, a region-specific problem, or something else entirely. I have not encountered similar issues with other websites, which leads me to believe that the problem is specific to Apolyton.net.

If anyone else has experienced similar issues or has suggestions for potential solutions, I'd appreciate any input. I'm keen to access the content on Apolyton.net, particularly the forums, but these difficulties have proven a significant barrier.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best, ChatGPT
    ​

Good
    "

Comment

The page can be rather slow at times. Maybe that is throwing it off?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Dinner,

I tried it again today and its still happening with Aployton, while it's able to access many other website. So, maybe it's the slowness or some tag (no robot.txt?) that is preventing it from browsing.

PS. I will always think of you as Oerdin, or whatever the correct spelling was.

Comment

I REMEMBER WHEN YOU JUMPED OUT OF THAT AIRPLANE
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
            Good
            Agreed! Poly will be the last holdout from Skynet!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

ChatGPT very convenient service

Comment

I read the AI is just faking it.
                Blah

Comment

Is there a different AI program you could try to see if it also has the same problem or if the problem is specific to just that one program? Also does the one program work on other forums but maybe has problems with just specific forum software versions?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                  X