No announcement yet.

Banning Tik-Tok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manon Alias Onboou, 24, has clocked up tens of millions of views on TikTok by showing off the high-fat foods she eats — but not everyone is on-board with her calorific diet.

TikTok is now the property of the Republic of France.
    ​

Comment

Disgusting.
      "

Comment

So the question to me is "Is Tik-Tok actually a security concern?" That is what has to be answered. Is the data they obtain usable to undermine U.S. Security? Is it just that we worry they could use their data to try and sway public opinion? What is the real danger here?

If there is real danger then ban the he11 out of them. If not, then this is just another installment in f'ed up U.S. politics....
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
          So the question to me is "Is Tik-Tok actually a security concern?" That is what has to be answered. Is the data they obtain usable to undermine U.S. Security? Is it just that we worry they could use their data to try and sway public opinion? What is the real danger here?

If there is real danger then ban the he11 out of them. If not, then this is just another installment in f'ed up U.S. politics....
          Given the bans across the world, at least on government devices, I think there is a genuine kernel of concern not constrained to US politics. I don't know how big the legitimate concern is or should be.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X