Civilization 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization 7

So I believe this is announced. I actually played quite a bit of Civ6, with two games in Deity going right now (both I am leading, but I may not take a victory in either because I am losing steam).

Do we want to try to get more active in Civ7?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I can't remember the last time I played Civ6 it has been so long.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I loved it best in civii and civ iv. How did 5 and 6 compare?

Comment

I stopped playing after Civ 5
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

I actually played more Civ6 then Civ5 because I wanted to take some downtime during Covid.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I am still playing Civ 4.

I did not buy 5 or 6.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Same for me.

Civ 5 lost me, and I never played 6 past just looking around. I still go back to play iii and iv.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I, for one, would like to see an actual spherical map, or at the very least an approximation of one.

I'd also like to see more variety in district buildings.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                I, for one, would like to see an actual spherical map, or at the very least an approximation of one.

I'd also like to see more variety in district buildings.
                No kidding! XCOM did this 30 years ago!

Comment

Played up to Civ 4, then I changed to Galactic Civ II and later III
                  Blah

Comment

I tried Stellaris for a while, but the game changed a lot and I did not think it was fun anymore.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

Always wanted to try Stellaris, but never did. I still have Paradox' recent Rome game and hardly ever played it.
                      Blah

Comment

I have had a hard time thematically getting into new games. At first I thought it was because they had worse writing than before, but now I think it is a function of time.

Which is a reason why Stellaris or other similar SF games sit on my computer and I open Civilization instead. By this argument, I probably could get into Alpha Centauri 2 or something, as long as I could remember the themes.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

BTW, in my opinion you should give Civ 6 (with at least Rise and Fall) a few games, as I think it introduced some interesting ideas into the game and did them well.

JM
                          (I am not saying it is perfect.)
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I've played all the civs including up to Civ6 but I tend to go back to Civ2 and Civ4 for the reasons that Jon mentions, I have a hard time getting into new games. I've thought about this and realized that I like the simple games. You can jump in and play and have fun. The more you play the more you tweak your gameplay and increase the difficulty to make it more challenging. Newer games tend to be complicated, maybe in an effort to keep the attention of kids nowadays, but I find it overwhelming when I don't have much time to play. A good, complicated game will make it easy to play with an intelligent assistant to guide you. Not a tutorial but a good set of advisors, similar to those in Civ2 but not just for show. You can adjust the influence of each advisor similar to how some games let you research six things at once with a certain percentage going into each area. Anyway, as you get to know the game you can then start to tweak various settings. This way, if you don't have time you can still have fun but if you do get into the game then you find out that it has a lot of options.

One last point is that I liked CivNet with the ability to open multiple windows, different map views or status screens. You could then move them around or dock them along the side. In today's world of multiple/big monitors this would be great to have.
                            TitanTim

Comment

Working...
                            X