Why do you post here at Poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you post here at Poly?

i do because i can. what does that mean? i do because i always have. i do because i love to post here. am i exhausting... am i just mwhc... yes, i suppose so. but i always enjoy checking back. i do respect what ming and yes, even buster, do what they do. but why??? i dont know for sure why i am here... but i do. does that sound sound? i guess a small part of it is CIV II... thats what did bring me to this site years ago. some of it is the players here. some of it is the small user group. is that the right way to say it? maybe it's the small groiup of usually players that are always here, but thats ploy! many just play me... but they do it well. its like watching a old movie but something that feels comfortable. maybe thats all it is. wow... rum. it's a hell of a thing. love you all.

That's a really good question I don't have an answer to.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Habit.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Because the voices in my head tell me I should

OK, actually ... initially because of Civilization ... nowadays more out of Habit ...
        and because it is the only place where I can experience a Putinist (and, till some time ago, a Trumpist) in the wild
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

OK, actually ... initially because of Civilization ... nowadays more out of Habit ...
          and because it is the only place where I can experience a Putinist (and, till some time ago, a Trumpist) in the wild
          This
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

It makes me feel so much more intelligent.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Love the diverse opinions..Putinist, Trumpist, Bidenist, Satanist (Hi Zee!)...the list is intriguing and some pretty smart folks giving opinions. Good mix of European and American thought. Poly has lost a lot over the years, but still an interesting place.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I post here so that my well thought out posts can be converted to invisible spam posts by fixing the punctuation with an edit. Got to keep them mods inboxes spammed with potential spam notifications.

Comment

To annoy Ming is always implied.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Came here to post about civ. Now I'm just poasting
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                      Love the diverse opinions..Putinist, Trumpist, Bidenist, Satanist (Hi Zee!)...the list is intriguing and some pretty smart folks giving opinions. Good mix of European and American thought. Poly has lost a lot over the years, but still an interesting place.
                      Just for the record, I actually worship YHWH The Demiurge aka The Foolish One... THE GOD EATER!

As far as "demons" I see them as equals, I do not worship them. I also work with the Shem Hamephorash, so technically I am a Gray Witch... hence why my avatar is half/half.

BASICALLY... I GOT A TEAM

Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

fighting the rum. but! not going to start a new thread. this is my new thing - be a better poster!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          It makes me feel so much more intelligent.
                          I believe the term you were looking for is the Dunning–Kruger effect.

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• dannubis
                            dannubis commented
                            Editing a comment
                            And THAT is why one posts at Poly of course...

I don't.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

For the last 10-11 months, mostly just to laugh at Serb.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                            X