Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DART

NASA claims it's shooting stuff at asteroids to save Mother Earth:

Sounds great, but not so fast! For all we know it could be another Biden-plot to declare war on innocent Space Aliens!

If this was a serious endeavour to protect our planet surely Bruce Willis would be involved

President Whitmore +100
    Blah

Googles take on it
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• BeBMan
      BeBMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice

There also was an Italian Cubesat following behind DART in order to take pics of the Impact.

The first 4 ones have been released a few hours ago ... they look fascinating

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      There also was an Italian Cubesat following behind DART in order to take pics of the Impact.

The first 4 ones have been released a few hours ago ... they look fascinating

https://twitter.com/LICIACube/status...91158844346368
      I was waiting for those! I actually stayed up until 1:15 AM the other night to watch this live.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post

I was waiting for those! I actually stayed up until 1:15 AM the other night to watch this live.
        Same here ... and I didn't get disappointed.
        Interesting view of Dimorphos ... would have expected it to be rockier ...
        most likely just a ball of gravel and dust, which explains why there is so much ejecta
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

So far every asteroid of that size we've seen up close has just been a rubble pile held loosely together by gravity.

Along with LICIACube, there was also a fairly large groundbased observing campaign as well as a few space telescopes. This from ATLAS was pretty spectacular: https://twitter.com/fallingstarIfA/s...83529731670021
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

was that in a greek neighborhood? (all the names)

Comment

Working...
            X