Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried?

My 5 year old daughter made me pinky promise, and followed it up with “And if you break your promise, I cut your finger off”.

Should I be worried, or will her use of the future conditional improve?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I doubt she'll be strong enough for years.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

She's female. Take her word for it.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Frodo was just fine with 9 fingers.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I think she's in charge already when she can extort promises
          Blah

Comment

Pre-emptively break her own.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
              My 5 year old daughter made me pinky promise, and followed it up with “And if you break your promise, I cut your finger off”.

A pinky promise is something very serious, and of the utmost importance.

You could not possibly break a pinky promise!

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Typically language skills improve once they start to school. Unfortunately their vocabulary also tends to grow in ways that are....unexpected. So...no worries.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Thank God there is no middle finger promise.

But in all seriousness I like her answer. Consequences.

Comment

John Wick III is a lovely kid's movie.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                    X