Sarah Palin is back and up vs. Santa Claus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Palin is back and up vs. Santa Claus

... and turns out Santa supports Bernie Sanders.

Sarah Palin announced her candidacy for Alaska’s only seat in the House of Representatives this month, entering a race with dozens of candidates. She certainly brings name recognition to the contest – but another contender may have her beat in that department.

His name is Santa Claus.

He lives, of course, in North Pole – a town of about 2,000 in Alaska. He has a big white beard and a kindly manner, and Santa Claus is indeed his legal name, though, as a Bernie Sanders supporter, he does not exploit elf labor. He won a city council seat in 2015, to the delight of observers around the world. Now he’s ready to take his political career to the next stage.

He’s running to complete the term of the long-serving Republican congressman Don Young, who died last month at age 88. A special primary will be held on 11 June.

As for Claus’s politics: he’s been called “a bastion of blue on a city council as red as Rudolph’s nose”. He says voters who look at Sanders’ policy platform can get a pretty good idea of his own, including support for Medicare for All, racial justice, corporate accountability, and free and fair elections. That includes ranked-choice voting, which will feature in the second round of the coming election. “That’s what’s given me the opportunity here,” he said. Ranked-choice voting “gives people with name recognition such as yours truly, and even Sarah, for that matter, a slight advantage”.

But Claus hasn’t always had that name. “Seventy-four years ago, I didn’t pop out with a beard,” he says. In fact, Claus changed his name from Tom O’Connor in 2005. He was living in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, at the time, and pondering what he should do with his life, as Julia O’Malley wrote in a 2015 Guardian profile. He had previously worked in law enforcement, where he’d witnessed kids falling “through the cracks” of the foster care system, and he wanted to do what he could to help them, he told the Anchorage Daily News in 2020. He’d already grown the beard, and as he prayed for guidance, someone in a car nearby shouted, “Santa, I love you!”

(left out because I'm too lazy to cp an entire article)
    This from April.

full: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...un-santa-claus

Blah

Well if the Russians ever decide to invade Alaska, she can see them coming and boot Serbs armies butts back to the mainland.

Anyway I think she will make a fine addition to the American political system.

Comment

Santa failed. (Besides, Santa Claus is a Canadian.)
      A run off between Palin and 3 others takes place next month.
      Is Palin considered crazy enough to be a ranking republican in a post-truth era?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        Santa failed.
        But what an epic headline

Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          The new headline could read: Santa does not deliver.

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        Is Palin considered crazy enough to be a ranking republican in a post-truth era?
        Depends on what the definition of "is" is.....
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
        X