Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Star Wars

Star Wars turned 45 today

Salute the anniversary of 1977's "Star Wars" and learn how this sci-fi flick hit lightspeed at the box office and spawned a Hollywood empire

Happy 45th Birthday to Star Wars! Before Disney sucked the spirit out of the franchise much like how the Skeksis drained the essences from the podlings, there was a little film called Star Wars, NOT A New Hope, and it … Continue reading →

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

be careful, Eggbeat will call this a pointless thread and go crying to Ming. Myself, I did like the Star Wars films. 45 years. Does not seem that long ago.

Comment

Some SW, I like. Some fallen to the dark side of boredom has.

Blah

Comment

Live long and prosper.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Mediocre movies that were saved from obscurity by the bombastic brasses of John Williams music.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

There's an entire new tv series about Ben Kenobi. Not the poly one, I mean...
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
              Live long and prosper.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

And now back to the birthday child.

and

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                  be careful, Eggbeat will call this a pointless thread and go crying to Ming. Myself, I did like the Star Wars films. 45 years. Does not seem that long ago.
                  I have never cried to Ming or reported anybody.

You can shove a great big greek orthodox cross up your ass for suggesting that I do anything of the sort.

You can use a russian orthodox cross instead if you want, you deserve freedom of choice.

Comment

To get back on topic, I would like to wish all movies a happy birthday.

Comment

Working...
                    X