Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Themes! Themes! What are they good for?? Absolutely nothing. Say it again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Themes! Themes! What are they good for?? Absolutely nothing. Say it again.

WTF. I can't seem to find a theme that doesn't leave something whited out or unreadable.
    Can someone recommend one where all the buttons and text are actually visible???
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

give up the weed...

Comment

meanwhile...

Comment

• SuperSneak
        SuperSneak commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't touched the stuff in ages. Or is that the name of a theme?

I have never had a problem with the default option on Apolyton. whatever you call the default option.

Comment

• SuperSneak
        SuperSneak commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I went back to that, thank you. But I am like a small child who walks into the middle of a conversation-- I WANT TO TRY ALL THE THEMES!! I like the blue Retros but comment script and some hot buttons don't appear.

If you don't have anything nice to say just put it in your mouth and suck it you WILL like it the de jure owner of this site MADE these you WILL respect it you WILL use it you WILL not complain about it

PS I use the frog one
      "

Comment

• SuperSneak
        SuperSneak commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol nothing has changed here.

Buster Crabbe's Uncle has put a lot of work into the MANY, MANY themes you can choose from.
      It gives the members tons of options on how they want to view the site. While many may not be your cup of tea, others find them a really nice upgrade over the default theme.
      It's all about choice, and I'm glad people have a lot of choices to choose from.

THANK YOU BUSTER
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• SuperSneak
        SuperSneak commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry if I inferred that Buster Crabbe's Uncle didn't produce a nice assortment of options. The problem is most likely on my end. It's just that I can't see the text when commenting and in some hot button instances. I REALLY like the retro. I'll probably fiddle around on my side and see if I can't make my fonts appear better.
        Cheers to all of you who have kept this going and improved it. It is truly a labor of love. I apologize if any true ****tiness was communicated.

...The themes interface is a nightmare to work with, and I'm told it always has been. -That's why fixes wouldn't happen the same day, mostly, but if I was provided pics cut out of screenshots pointing out legibility issues -and anything else in need of fixing- I'd certainly be inclined to try to track problems down. This goes for any theme. I hate for all that hard work to not see much use...
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• SuperSneak
        SuperSneak commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I expect your output to commiserate with your pay--basically, anything you're doing will be a bonus! I'll try and send you some screenshots of the issues. Mainly, the comment box appears to be defaulting to white or invisible text, so you have to highlight what you're typing to see if you made any errors. I'll get to it in the next day or so. I've been going through multiple rounds of interviews for multiple positions so I've been too busy and brain-drained to focus on much. Again though-- I really DO appreciate your hard work. I can't imagine what goes into all this, code-wise. I had to pull up an HTML cheat sheet just to bold something lol.

There's also a big issue with mobile view compatibility.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
      X