Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Cannot Be Destroyed

So far, it's true.
    How're you all doing? Is this still a gaming site or is it all about ED pills and Prostates?
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Roll call you sad old farts!! Rally the troops! Hoist the mainsail! Shiver me giblets!

HERE!

Comment

Your giblets?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• SuperSneak
        SuperSneak commented
        Editing a comment
        Slowww!!! I'm not surprised you're still around. They grow em tough down there.

Maybe he means Gibbler?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

...who is now giblets.

Comment

I don't think he's gribler.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

How's it going? It's really cool to see some of you still here. I need to fire up an old copy of Civ or find one that works on my ancient Mac Mini '12. "Kids" are pretty grown up now and I'm finally able to sneak back to some old loves. It's....quiet here. I like it.

Comment

• SuperSneak
              SuperSneak commented
              Editing a comment
              Edit because apparently I've forgotten how a forum works lol.

SuperSneak has always been SuperSneak.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• SuperSneak
              SuperSneak commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello my friend! Hope life is finding you well! I'm trying to get back up to speed here but am afraid of seeing who has passed, etc. I know many of us are over 50 now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperSneak.png
Views:	104
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	9437944

-This would look right against the gray background of a postbit...
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• SuperSneak
              SuperSneak commented
              Editing a comment
              Ooooh that looks great! I'm feeling nostalgic for my, quite frankly, horrific pixelated trash avatar but I am definitely taking that and perhaps if I stick around I'll upgrade.
              Thank you so much!

So I take it you won't want to hear the news about RAH and Pekka then
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• SuperSneak
              SuperSneak commented
              Editing a comment
              I sadly saw that. And Lancer. And I am sure others. Is there an "In Memorium/RIP" thread somewhere? I can't seem to find links to specific passings. It's tough, but it is part of life. I cherish the memories with them on these forums.

• pchang
              pchang commented
              Editing a comment
              Pekka died? When did that happen?

• N35t0r
              N35t0r commented
              Editing a comment
              "Pekka passed away on the 24th of January after his long fight with brain cancer." -That's from Pekka's FB account. Pekka's friend, a lady, reports. "His partner and his Mother were with him at the last, and he just slipped away, in good care at the hospice. He is much missed."

For some reason, I think that SuperSneak was a cook in Oregon who accidentally sliced off the tip of a finger once.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• SuperSneak
              SuperSneak commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow...impressive memory! Haven't been a cook in a looooong time. But I still like to cook, does that count? All digits intact too.

wow.... 20 year old memeory neurons firing up

hi supersneak how you doing?
            (paiktis here)

Comment

• SuperSneak
              SuperSneak commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello Paiktis! I hope you are well! All things, considered, I'm doing pretty well. Still married to Mrs. Sneak, our two little boys who were basically born on Apolyton are well-adjusted young men now--one a musician/artist, one a college athlete. Many, many losses and changes over the years. Several jobs and career changes. I can't imagine what any of us would have thought had we seen what would become of the world politically, economically, ecologically, etc. In a strange way, our very own game of Civ played out in real life around us. And much like the game, it has had many surprising events and turns. I think, for me, even with some of the people I had a conflict with, there is a feeling of fondness and nostalgia left. Like that girl that broke your heart--after many years you tend to remember the good times more. I mourn the fallen of Apolyton. They brought me many smiles and head shakes and gasps of delight and shock in a seemingly simpler and more innocent time.

“On the death of a friend, we should consider that the fates through confidence have devolved on us the task of a double living, that we have henceforth to fulfill the promise of our friend's life also, in our own, to the world.”
              ― Henry David Thoreau

Loinburger too.

Comment

Supersneak, you were on ACOL / Counterglow too, right?

Comment

• SuperSneak
                SuperSneak commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello! I'm happy to see you.
                Yes. I'm on the Discord for CG as Frosteecat now. I like the old-school forum look better though I think. It's good to "see" you. I'm impressed that some of you have stayed all this time. That's kind of amazing really. People like you are what made all the efforts of Rah and Ming worth it, hopefully.

Very nice to hear from you my friend

Comment

Working...
              X