It appears Roe is toast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
    I bet you a shiny nickel the Buffalo shooter is pro-life.
    He threatened a school shooting last year, and, after receiving 'counselling', easily bought a gun. GOP HATE live people.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

GOP doesn't hate live people. They just want sane people to be able to have guns. Unfortunately, the world has a hard time distinguishing between sane and insane people....

When you have as many guns loose as are in the US then it is a very true statement that if you make guns illegal then only criminals will have guns.

Far more important is to teach the value of life to our youth much better than we are doing AND address mental health issues in a much much better way.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I bet you a shiny nickel the Buffalo shooter is pro-life.
        Based on what? Seems like he only cares about white babies.

Comment

Bill Gates and the elite has stolen all the baby formula to influence this, I tell you.
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
            AND address mental health issues in a much much better way.
            Eh, I'ma go ahead and jack my own thread since it's turned into a cesspool of brainless progsnark anyhow: framing mass shootings as a "mental health issue" is kind of a copout IMO. Some mass shooters are mentally unwell in a definable way (e.g. depression). Others just believe in horrible things and are willing to die for them. Acting otherwise is essentially a way to pretend that extremely unpalatable behavior is purely the province of broken or defective people instead of something a generally ordinary person can be tempted to do. I'd wager that most of the Auschwitz guards had no diagnosable mental illness and would be considered unremarkable by a psychiatrist, then or now.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Geronimo
              Geronimo commented
              Editing a comment
              Uncle sparky, you oftentimes describe interesting viewpoints as generally held by the GOP. Is this primarily from a few particular GOP members you have the displeasure to hear from or is it extrapolation from how GOP politics makes you speculate about their underlying values?

I have to say a lot of it are characterizations I don't see anywhere else

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Geronimo - I look at what the governments in Texas, Florida, the Dakotas, Utah... well, any of those that are colloquially called 'red states'... do on the legislative level. Some legislation (voter protection, right to life), are specifically written to discriminate against poor, usually non-white people. On this topic, do you think any middle class to wealthy man who wants a woman to have an abortion won't send her across state (or national) lines for a safe abortion? Poor women, or young rape victims without support systems will still have abortions where illegal, but run very real risks.
              On the gun control topic, the US proved with Sandy Hook that 'pro-life' doesn't extend to 5 and 6 year-olds.
              Guns are more important than people. Fetuses are more important than women.

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Pro-life also doesn't extend to 9 and 10 year-olds in Texas.

So, why can't conservative states use Thoughts and Prayers to prevent abortions rather than legislation? Don't they believe in the power of prayer?
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Elok
              Elok commented
              Editing a comment
              They could try alternative methods, like low-effort snarking on half-dead internet forums populated primarily by drunks and a handful of sober people who mostly agree with you already.

So, why can't conservative states use Thoughts and Prayers to prevent abortions rather than legislation? Don't they believe in the power of prayer?
            Do you know anyone who believes in prayer but doesn't believe in taking action?

Do you even know anyone who believes in prayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Thoughts and prayers seem to be enough for pro-life conservatives after a mass shooting, but they seem to doubt the power of prayer and rely on enacting legislation when it comes to abortion.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

When it comes to gun massacres, it seems like the whole NRA and most of the Republicans believe that Thoughts and Prayers are more important than taking action
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  Obviously demons are whispering nasty things into the ears of pregnant women.

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And into the ears of women in order to MAKE then pregnant.

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                  Without making any judgment on abortion itself, this is the correct constitutional decision.
                  human judgment is casual, social, and without any logical or realistic corroboration

the theories of Thing that pervade the thought of casual opinion spreaders

are rooted in the root causes analysis failure of american society

"root cause analysis"
                  seeds

and beyond that, american facts are bird spotter level fake truths

even if we're talking the truth of birds in science

there's no such thing as an Austrailicus Cardinalicus Specialithicus

and beyond that, the American rule of law is a terrorist organization telling lies every day

no amount of "constitution" is ever correct

because any expression of Lord over another is a basic Establishment violation

beyond that, the definition of a bird is a RELIGIOUS VALUE expressed by the ANGLICAN CHURCH

ultimately

ask yourself if the DECLARATION of INDEPENDENCE included independence from the Anglican Church
                  or the Papal States
                  or if language ever existed to Authorize the Church of the United States of America

before the bank

"the separation of banking and state

for whatever reason, some americans think of their government as an all inclusive privilege package of distributive gains

^^retributive justice is only ever pure sexual gratification of a religious nature

Comment

• "my laws my body

they tested the Mass, ma'am

Extraction is a HUMAN RIGHT

an EXTRACTION from a WOMB is a HUMAN RIGHT
                    of any distinguished Mass

Comment

• I AM I AM I AM MOBIUS
                      I AM I AM I AM MOBIUS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      the prochoice movement hasn't updated protet signs since dna (sic)
                  Working...
                  X