No announcement yet.

Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if the himars and real time Intel is good enough for Ukraine to blow up the Ferries or if it is but they want to leave Russians an exit. Conventional wisdom says always leave your enemy an exit, but I wonder if in this case it would be better to trap and kill/capture them all since they will surely otherwise face them on the far side of the river later on.

Comment

• I have seen a lot about Ukraine waning to protect the lives of their soldiers recently. Zelenskyy is saying that this is the reason for the slow advance. If the Ukrainians can have success in reducing Russian Forces with artillery then they will do that, but I think the main objective is to just get them out of the city at this point. I imagine that both armies are exhausted at this point.

Anyone know when western trained Ukrainians will begin filling the ranks? I have not heard a word about this.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Looks like Ukrainian forces are still battling heroic Russian mines and booby traps. There was a news bit a while ago of Ukrainian civilians in Kherosn coming out, but who knows if these were real, or the Russian soldiers in civvie clothes Dauphin mentioned (Russian stealth fighters?).

IMO it's time for some regrouping in the Kremlin.

In other news: no, there is no mass-cutting down of trees in Germany due to people freezing everywhere. Just in case someone comes across this gem
        It's Nov 11, outside temperatures have been almost 20C last week, still nearly 15C today. Gas storages are full, like in 99+ % full. So basically full full, which covers ca. two months in normals times, but without new stuff like further LNG planned to go online in Dec. or outrageous stuff like saving counted in.
        Blah

Comment

• N35t0r
          N35t0r commented
          Editing a comment
          Saving gas? What? Next you'll tell me I should be going around in more than shorts and a t-shirt while inside.

• Kherson liberatus est?

Cheering crowds greeted Ukrainian troops as they arrived in the only regional capital that Russian forces held.

Now we definitely need Serb in order to explain to us that, in reality, this is a tactical clever maneuver by Russia
        that will result in Russia conquering the Ukraine and all the west
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• BeBMan
          BeBMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Putin ordered to move back and attack Ukraine and the whole world via the Pacific to surprise anyone

• Bleeding wounds that won't heal, amputation of limps, Russia saving 20.000 troops that can be set in in other places - unfortunately, Ukraine can send 60.000 troops. Oh, one part walking, the other part with full motorized equipment. I need Serb to explain why this is a Russian victory .

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Thanks to Russia for adding so much to our language. We now have so many different ways of saying “running away”.

retreat
          regrouping
          according to plan
          retrograde maneuver
          Kherson maneuver
          Last edited by pchang; November 12, 2022, 18:18.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• De-advancement
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Putin did also retreat from the upcoming G20 summit.
              Blah

Comment

• “President Biden and President Xi reiterated their agreement that a nuclear war should never be fought and can never be won,” a White House readout said, referring to the threat of nuclear weapons use in Ukraine.

President Joe Biden held a three-hour talk Monday with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping, their first in-person encounter since Biden took office and an opportunity that both sides appeared to hope would lead to an improvement in rapidly deteriorating relations.
                Blah

Comment

• After taking Kherson, Ukraine has sent troops across the Dnipro river and liberated villages on the other side!!!

...or maybe not?

No, they did! Probably. Maybe. Could be, perhaps Russia should send some troops that way to check? Nah, they should just ignore it, and send all their troops to reinforce the Wagner groups' attack on whatever godforsaken little village they've be trying to seize for the past couple months. Maybe they SHOULD check...

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Just read that Russian missiles strayed into Poland and killed two people. This could get ugly fast.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                      Just read that Russian missiles strayed into Poland and killed two people. This could get ugly fast.
                      Ugliest might be for NATO to ignore it

Comment

• get ready to take a ride, Slim

Comment

• Surprise, Surprise.
                          Russian Ministry of Defense calls reports of missile strikes in Poland "a deliberate provocation aimed at escalation", denies that photos of debris of the missile appeared on the media are part of Russian missiles​

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Ugliest might be for NATO to ignore it
                            What should NATO do?
                            Fire missiles at Russian soil in return?
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                            X