LOTR revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTR revisited

With all the tragic and depressing stuff in Ukraine, I think it's time for a lighter thread. There are obvious parallels to the current situation and the Lord of the Ring, let's have a closer look:

Putin is clearly Sauron, corrupted by the one ring of power, sitting in Barad-dûr, which for some reason is now called the Kremlin and has red walls.

Kremlin speaker Peskov is obvsly Sauron's mouth. I mean, unless foreign min Lavrov is actually Sauron's mouth.

Though I think it's more likely that Lavrov is part of the nine, which is Russia's security council and actually more than nine (numbers are just a figure of speech, after all).

Reportedly Ukrainian soldiers call Russian soldiers sometimes orcs, which is not a really nice thing, but somewhat understandable, given that they're invading Ukraine and due to the fact that PutinSauron also controls an army of trolls.

In that settings it follows that Trump is no other than Saruman. Just look how Saruman lived in a tower. And who else has towers? Trump, there you have it.

Equally it's absolutely certain that Biden is Gandalf. He was VP only earlier, so basically the Grey. Now he has been sent back as Biden the White to lead the forces of light vs. all evil. Just look at his hair if you're in doubt.
    Blah

Who would be the Balrog? Bernie Sanders? Hilary? Who was second in the last Dem primaries?
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Difficult question re the Balrog

But Tucker Carlson might be Gollum, just that it's unlikely that he's going to play a meaningful role in the destruction of the ring of power this time.
      Blah

Comment

Can I presume that Zelensky is Aragorn or do I have it all wrong?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think that's the only possible conclusion, yes.
          Blah

Comment

"Equally it's absolutely certain that Biden is Gandalf. He was VP only earlier, so basically the Grey. Now he has been sent back as Biden the White to lead the forces of light vs. all evil. Just look at his hair if you're in doubt."

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hillary is obviously the Balrog. She is an ancient evil that will fight Gandolf/Biden for power in the next election and carry them both down into the bowels of the Earth.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

If it's established now that Hillary is the Balrog I think it also makes sense to look who's in the fellowship of the ring.

To me it seems most reasonable to have Macron as Legolas, while Boris Johnson does a good job as Gimli. Olaf Scholz has still to find his balance, so far he looks like a mix of Boromir and Peregrin Took.
                Blah

Comment

I see Boris Johnson as Boromir. Someone who is easily corrupted by the power of the one ring and would take it for himself if he could. Let's just hope he has a redemption arc coming, but I doubt it.
                  I don't know enough about this Olaf Scholz guy, but feel that looks play less of a factor than personality.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

To be serious, I give Olaf Scholz credit for basically redefining the German stance on military spending, arms deliveries and NATO in general in a matter of days - this was long overdue IMO.

Now he's overall on the right track. I just wished he was a bit more visible, faster in some ways (energy embargo - tho admittedly it may be difficult) and more clear in this whole affair. In this regard Macron did better constantly even before the actual invasion began.
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                      To be serious,..
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Olaf is Theodin. Reluctant but powerful...does the right thing in the end.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Sounds good

Certainly we saw the Council of Elrond last week in Brussels.

Blah

Comment

"You have my javelin"

"And my stinger..."

Comment

Meanwhile McLembas has closed all its bread stores in Mordor
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X