X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activist judges strike again!

...incl. those appointed by Trump

Supreme Court ruling is a bitter legal and personal blow to Trump

(CNN)The Supreme Court's refusal to block the release of Trump White House documents to the House January 6 committee represents a huge defeat for the ex-President's frantic effort to cover up his 2021 coup attempt.

The major blow on Wednesday -- yet another instance of the courts rebuking Donald Trump's attempts to use them for his own political gain -- will allow the committee to go even deeper inside his West Wing and understand what was going on before and during his mob's attack on the US Capitol. It will also likely be viewed by the former President as a betrayal by the court's conservative majority, which he cemented with three picks for the top bench whom he saw as a legal insurance policy as he's continually sought to bend governing institutions to avoid accountability.

(snipsnap)
    full: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/20/p...tee/index.html
    Blah

Apparently Rudy announced there would be an appeal to the Supreme Courtyard outside Marroiott.

Also, Clarence Thomas demonstrates yet again that he is the dumbest Supreme.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I don't understand why no SCOTUS member ever recuse themselves. Thomas' wife's political activities are a prime example of clear conflicts of interest.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

CNN on another conspiracy theory and you all fell for it again. smh
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, please Kid, please share with us what the conspiracy is.

I'm amazed at how well-informed you are on such things, especially since you claim to never watch mainstream media.

CNN is behind the Supreme Court, esp. behind Trump's Supreme Court nominees to make them decide the way CNN wants it.
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          CNN is behind the Supreme Court, esp. behind Trump's Supreme Court nominees to make them decide the way CNN wants it.
          I see what you did there. Probably fooled some people too.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
          X