Vaxxine Rebellion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    So you are ok with giving women medical procedures to make sure they don't get pregnant and have an abortion? I wasn't aware of that.
    More made up nonsense... I guess you can't answer the question without looking like a fool... it was expected.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post

More made up nonsense... I guess you can't answer the question without looking like a fool... it was expected.
      What? Am I "Pro-Choice?" No. Either are you. What's more you force injections on frightened healthy women.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What? Am I "Pro-Choice?" No. Either are you. What's more you force injections on frightened healthy women.
        Again... just more made up nonsense. Try again...
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Wow. ok

Comment

Another nonsense response from Kid...
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

That's weird that you would say that.

Comment

If people want to kill themselves by not getting vaccinated let them.

Comment

People have a right to be stupid and wrong too. If you maintain that people don't have the right to be stupid and make stupid decisions then we are going to have to make a lot of laws to force Democrats to stop being stupid and believing stupid things.
                  Are people allowed to not wear a seatbelt on public streets?
                  Are people allowed to disregard speed limits (and, for example, drive with 100 mph in a 25 mph zone)?
                  Are people allowed to stand atop a pedestrian bridge over a highway and throw stones at the passing cars?

Seems to me like even in the USA there are strict limits to the amount of supidity that people are allowed to express.
                  Especially if said stupidity is of a type that may harm other people
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

We have a virus that may kill 1% to 3% of the population and we have a vaccine that reduces the chances of :
                    - getting infected
                    - infecting others
                    - the probable severity of infection

If this virus was the bubonic plague that killed 25% to 50% of the population in the middle ages and we had a vaccine would it be acceptable for people decide whether or not they should take that vaccine? Each of us would have a high probability of infection and a high probability of passing that infection to others, with fatal consequences to others.

There must be some point where the risks are so high that each of us must act with concern for our fellow man. I think the risks to others of this virus are high enough for me to get vaccinated regardless of whether I wish to accept the risks and inconveniences to myself.

My 2 cents

Comment

I'm not surprised Kid wants to defend a "right" to be stupid. If people couldn't legally be stupid Kid would be really in trouble.

But while it is not (and should not be) illegal to be stupid being stupid does not amount to a license to pose a health risk/harm others in the process.
                      Blah

Comment

People have a right to be stupid and wrong, at least in cases where that does no harm to harm to others. People do not have a right to knowingly harm or endanger others nor do they have a right to act with reckless disregard for the safety and wellbeing of other.

On the one hand people have a right to decide whether or not somebody can jab them with needles. On the other hand one needs to be consider whether refusal to be jabbed with needles amounts to a reckless disregard for the safety of others. It is my opinion that the probabilities of acquiring this virus and transmitting it to others with negative consequences to others is sufficient to warrant getting vaccinated.

Whether or not refusal to get vaccinated amounts to a reckless disregard for for the safety and well being of others is a matter for debate and perhaps ultimately a value judgement.

For me, the possibility of acquiring and passing on a virus that, to perhaps 1 % of the population is enough for me to make the value judgement that I should get vaccinated. I am of conflicted mind as to whether vaccination should be mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Are people allowed to not wear a seatbelt on public streets?
                          Are people allowed to disregard speed limits (and, for example, drive with 100 mph in a 25 mph zone)?
                          Are people allowed to stand atop a pedestrian bridge over a highway and throw stones at the passing cars?

Seems to me like even in the USA there are strict limits to the amount of supidity that people are allowed to express.
                          Especially if said stupidity is of a type that may harm other people
                          What's actually stupid is people that trust the government, the lying media, and Big Pharma. I'm just saying that people have a right to make their own choices. A system where people are forced to do things they don't agree with is a very bad system, like they have in China and Germany.

If I had to choose who is stupider, the people who "Believe the Science" but they really just believe the government, and the people that are afraid to take the vaxxine, I choose the former, because they probably have their own pronouns.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                            People have a right to be stupid and wrong, at least in cases where that does no harm to harm to others. People do not have a right to knowingly harm or endanger others nor do they have a right to act with reckless disregard for the safety and wellbeing of other.

On the one hand people have a right to decide whether or not somebody can jab them with needles. On the other hand one needs to be consider whether refusal to be jabbed with needles amounts to a reckless disregard for the safety of others. It is my opinion that the probabilities of acquiring this virus and transmitting it to others with negative consequences to others is sufficient to warrant getting vaccinated.

Whether or not refusal to get vaccinated amounts to a reckless disregard for for the safety and well being of others is a matter for debate and perhaps ultimately a value judgement.

For me, the possibility of acquiring and passing on a virus that, to perhaps 1 % of the population is enough for me to make the value judgement that I should get vaccinated. I am of conflicted mind as to whether vaccination should be mandatory.
                            This is a false narrative. They aren't disregarding safety. That's what drunk drivers do because they are drunk. These people believe that the vaxxine is poison.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                              -Jrabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No. These people have been brainwashed to believe that the vaccine is poison.
                              Anyone looking at outcomes after taking vaccine - you know, doing research to get evidence - would instantly know that's a total bunch of bullsh1t.

This is a false narrative. They aren't disregarding safety. That's what drunk drivers do because they are drunk. These people believe that the vaxxine is poison.
                            That was my narrative,

I am aware that many people have little confidence in our leaders, our institutions and our media. I actually have no confidence in the World Health Organisation for example. I do not have confidence in the Prime Minister of Australia or the Premier of New South Wales. I can understand that many people will have a lack of confidence in what they are being told. I also have no confidence in random dudes mouthing off about the virus on Youtube.

I do have a measure of confidence in the Departments of Health in each Australian state and they are in agreement that we should take the vaccine and they are in agreement about the dangers posed by this virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post

That was my narrative,

I am aware that many people have little confidence in our leaders, our institutions and our media. I actually have no confidence in the World Health Organisation for example. I do not have confidence in the Prime Minister of Australia or the Premier of New South Wales. I can understand that many people will have a lack of confidence in what they are being told. I also have no confidence in random dudes mouthing off about the virus on Youtube.

I do have a measure of confidence in the Departments of Health in each Australian state and they are in agreement that we should take the vaccine and they are in agreement about the dangers posed by this virus.
                              What does this have to do with my point? Are you admitting to being an authoritarian? The Australian government is certainly authoritarian on this issue. And they should stop comparing people that are afraid of them to drunk drivers.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                -Jrabbit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You seem to be confusing "protecting the health of our citizens" with "authoritarian."
                            Working...
                            X