Outdoor Pizza Ovens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Pizza Ovens

I have been spending a huge amount of time, effort, & money on this project. Is it worth it? Is an outdoor pizza oven really that superior to what I can do in my kitchen? My progress so far: Excavated a hole in the side of a hill to channel wind. Laid down steel mesh & concrete. Built up a big foundation with cinderblocks. Then, I made a cathedral shaped structure with firebricks and fire-cement. Then t rained and it fell in. Started again, this time with chicken-wire and regular cement outside. Fell in. Started again, this time massively reinforced with more metal and three layers of cement. Problem: The door is shaped something like a playing card spade, and I dont feel confident to cut metal. Jerry-rigged a door by using thick plastic, coating it with layers of fire cement, putting handles. It melted. STILL cannot get the damn thing to bake evenly. Takes 2 hours and frequent rotating to make one pizza. Pretty good flavour-wise though.

I like pizza really well; but Berz, not as much as you do. Are you going to dig a pool with a garden trowel next?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I just call outdoor pizza ovens sometimes and they do promptly get a pizza over to me

But I suspect they're only doing it for the money....

Blah

Comment

At least you could use the over for other things as well.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
        X