Hero of the 20th century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hero of the 20th century

Which one of the following persons is an hero?
    Olof Palme
    0%
    Eric Harris
    60.00%
    Nelson Mandela
    40.00%
    "Fanaticism is to superstition what delirium is to fever and fury to anger." -Voltaire

I have never heard of Eric Harris.

Olof Palme was a rather obscure Swede who is not known for anything other than getting assassinated.

Nelson Mandela was some dirtbag who rotted in jail as a mere figurehead while the ANC terrorism was actually run by other people such as Mbeki and Slovo.

None of them come close to hero status

Comment

Very poor taste OP. Braindead, **** off.
      "

Comment

The only Eric Harris I know of is the Columbine shooter. Dunno what this thread is getting at, but are the two trolls still gone?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Nelson Mandela is a bit of a George Washington. His greatness is due to how he handled the end of apartheid and how he handled the shift to democracy and how he handled the transfer of power at the end of his time, and not because he was a great revolutionary leader (although he was a revolutionary leader) or a great president (although he probably was the best democratically elected president South Africa has had, hopefully Cyril will do better because Mandela wasn't an amazing executive).

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            The only Eric Harris I know of is the Columbine shooter. Dunno what this thread is getting at, but are the two trolls still gone?
            Obviously not. Did you miss EPW's valueless input?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Not sure who the trolls are, but this year we lost Kid and Serb, both known for their highly intellectual contributions about emails, laptops, and nukes.

They went intro self-imposed exile though, so maybe they'll return one day to spend some time with us again
              Blah

Comment

I miss Serb and Kidicious and Mobius. So many people have left over the years since I first joined Apolyton.

Comment

I meant THE trolls, Kid and BK. I gather BK got married and I don't see either around so okay then. Serb wasn't a troll, he just got drunk and talked to himself a lot. His posts outnumbered everybody else's in his threads 10 to 1. Moby was a troll, but not as effective as Kid or BK at pooping on everything.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

no

Comment

perceived value is fascism(spectrum)

Comment

nelson mandela the most overrated human ever

he's a shadow of nazis

only noticeable by contrast in physical appearance

only
                        skin(head) deep ironically

Comment

barack obama deported three million people

genocide

Comment

(international dip****s know the name of counter dip****s and complain about them a lot)

if a white supremacist knows a name
                            it's a NAZI

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-relationships

Comment

kkk too ignorant to know black history month
                              if they know a name
                              if because it remind them of themselves
                              everyone a hero in their own novel

Comment

Working...
                              X