censorship and orwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• censorship and orwell

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting. - Yahoo

their goal is allow users to engage over interests so they discontinued letting users engage in any discussion

probably because most discussions turned into cesspools.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Orwell should not be censored.
      Blah

Comment

I think what the intertube companies are trying to do is stop people like me, who have seventeen law degrees and over forty degrees in Very Complicated Medical Procedures, from telling you that cutting off you penis will stop the ringing in your ears, and drinking 2 1/2 cups of undiluted bleach will cure COVID-19.
        (Actually, the second one isn't absolutely true... Trump still caught COVID-19... the jury is still out. Expect to hear that a lot in Trump news.)

Fortunately, 'Poly isn't one of those intertube companies.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

There is censorship on the Off Topic. Evidence that an evil reptilian space alien has infiltrated Apolyton. Type in the word "drat" backwards and you will see censorship in the form of asterisks.

This is evil and oppressive.

Comment

The powers that be are not upset by disinformation, they just spent years lying their asses off about Russiagate and censoring people for suggesting covid came from a lab. What they want is the power to control the information we hear because the internet gave people an alternative to corporate media.

Comment

You mean the same Russia that is 24/7 dedicated to hacking your infrastructure? They've drawn a line at trying to interfere in your elections, because they value democracy or something like that?
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• dannubis
                dannubis commented
                Editing a comment
                His guy didn't win so obviously he is being censored and oppressed...

• N35t0r
                N35t0r commented
                Editing a comment
                We can solve that by fining everyone that doesn't let us use their platform to yell whatever we want!

Except Disney, they give us money so we will still let them do whatever they want.

Is RudyGate the same as RussiaGate or is it linked to HunterGate, which was caused by LaptopGate:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/07/p...den/index.html
              Blah

Comment

Even if it's only to mock him, it's good that people remember George Orwell in this dark age we are entering.
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Comment

Working...
                X