Editing & arranging audio app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing & arranging audio app?

Hey guys, is anyone knows anything about audio editing? I'm trying to find an app that is a quick and easy way to edit and do basic arrangements of audio files. Garage Band almost works, but the limit on the file size/length is too short. I need to be able to edit/arrange multiple-hour-long clips...
    It's the quantized/snapped piece that is proving difficult for me to find... Any suggestion? Thanks!

Look at Audacity at SourceForge.net
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Whoa! That looks like it might be the ticket... No idea (other than App Stores HORRIBLE search of course) how I managed to miss it.

Comment

I knew of it from running a pirate music chat room long ago.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; May 18, 2021, 12:53.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ferrite doesn't have a groove-based timeline, but IMHO it's the best clip editor in IOS. (convenient sample-accurate editing is a must-have for me) It can handle very long files but doesn't feature fx-busses like typical DAWs. The absence of a beat timeline can be circumvented by importing some (long) dummy beat as your ruler. You may check the basic editing features with the free version - if you get along with it, I can make a test with a 1-hour file to check its performance.

Comment

Yeah, I actually looked at Ferrite, but the lack of beat/measure snapping was a turn-off... Especially considering the rather high (by app standards) price of the full version...

Comment

Working...
            X