Challenges of joining Civ Tourneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges of joining Civ Tourneys

Have you ever joined Civ tournaments before? If yes. how did you prepare yourself for the difficult challenges of joining such an event? Feel free to share it here.

To be honest, I would like to know an answer to this as well as I feel this is very similar to me...under the pressure, I can never seem to get into anything, maybe not pressure, but you know the watching eye and the fact its a tournament and stuff..I've never really hit a massive break or played to what I personally feel would be an acceptable standard for me.

I think it's all about keeping your cool and just chilling out and not worrying, I think that will help me to cool down when playing in other tournaments as I realize it doesn't get much harder than playing a professional, so if I can do that, and that wasn't too bad at all, why can't I do the lower tournaments?..

Comment

Can't say I have.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't know how well it counts, but the most competitive I have played is a few random games online, at the Poly-con (which game was that?) and as part of the Team games that took places ages ago here at Apolyton.

I have never played Civ6 multiplayer.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I haven't participated in a tourny since Alpha Centauri was newish.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Just curious though, was there a time when you lost yourself to game addiction that you were asked by your parents to talk with a counselor?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarrynad View Post
              Just curious though, was there a time when you lost yourself to game addiction that you were asked by your parents to talk with a counselor?
              I was already an adult when computer games were invented.

However, I have been known to play all night, until daylight.

Comment

I stopped doing that after marrying my wife. She would definitely have me talking to a counselor if I spent all night playing games... the only time she has really gotten into games is right when we married (2012) when she got into PvZ, Civ Rev and Checkers (online).

After kids... I am too tired to play all night anyway.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. That is true with your situation John Miller, it will definitely eat your free time when you have kids, but it's definitely worth it sacrificing those game times. So did you really go to a counselor to talk about those sleepless nights?

Comment

Working...
                  X