Looks like that former President is going to jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like that former President is going to jail

The ex-president, found guilty of trying to bribe a judge, will remain free while he appeals.

Three year sentence, two suspended.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Aw shoot.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Stop Le Steal!
      Blah

Comment

The French always have been trendsetting!
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          Stop Le Steal!
          Arrête le volé?

I’ve never been good at French despite being in Francophone territory for so many years.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            If you've moved to Canada, you will need French... at least 'En anglais, s'il vous plait!'

• Dauphin
            Dauphin commented
            Editing a comment
            My usual tactic is to butcher the French so much that they drop the pretence of not understanding English.

Being in North America, I’m spending most of my time learning how to be understood in English by the locals. Simple words like sauce and water can lead to misunderstandings.

• The Mad Monk
            The Mad Monk commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you ordering a glass of their finest urine?

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56237818

Three year sentence, two suspended.
          Excellent troll thread.

I saw the title and was all excited .....

Twas a different former president

Comment

One whole year for corruption.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              One whole year for corruption.
              He is appealing his sentence. The appeals are expected to take years. He is 66 years old.

He is sure to have very good lawyers who can presumably really stretch out the appeal process.

There seems a real possibility of him dying of old age before he cn be locked up if his appeals fail.

I should not laugh but sometimes the law is laughable.

If you or I stole a crust of bread, we might be tossed in the clink for even longer and that is sad.

Comment

Berlusconi eventually got convicted of something too. After some 30 or so criminal indictments (including child sex trafficking / solicitation, bribery and corrruption) they finally got him on tax evasion.

The SDNY have some tax returns now, on another former President, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                  Berlusconi eventually got convicted of something too. After some 30 or so criminal indictments (including child sex trafficking / solicitation, bribery and corrruption) they finally got him on tax evasion.

The SDNY have some tax returns now, on another former President, right?
                  Remember when they told you that he colluded with Russia, but it was all a hoax? I don't want you to get fooled again.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Berlusconi colluded with Russia? Dont remember that part.

Comment

Working...
                    X